Fantasies of Getting Back Together?

I don't even WANT him back. At least I don't think I do. And in real life I see all the ways we were wrong for each other (even though it seemed so right at the time) but yet I have fantasies of getting back with him... Do you ever? Why?

In my fantasy, I'm dressed in a tight sweater, killer jeans, and boots that drive him nuts. The wind blows my hair back from my face, and my make up, including my lipstick is magazine perfect. As I walk up to him on his front porch, he cannot say a word. I kiss him on the cheek softly, handing him a small square of paper. On that square all it says is "Since losing you I found myself, and now I want to find US again. If you ever think of giving us another chance..." (and then it has my phone number on it). I turn and walk to my truck, with not a single word being said.

It's dangerous because in a few months, if I'm still feeling sorta like I am now (as in, no real interesting relationship prospects developing) I just might be dumb enough to try it...

Jayar - you don't want him back. You just want him to know what he's missing. Sounds perfectly normal to me.

I couldn't have said it better myself Tee!

I've had fantasies like this about exes myself.... and I didn't want them back either.... mine were more about me looking killer and them kicking themselves over what they'd lost...

You're fantasizing about being with someone wonderful. Right now it's his face on the guy but once you get a new crush it might change. It's not so much about the particular person necessarily, the fantasy may just be about being in a relationship.

So, how many of you think that by the time say mid-November (4 months) rolls around I'll still be fantasizing like this? Should I be over him completely, such that our complete past is laughable almost by that time?

I'm just worried, because either I'm gonna be having fun meeting new people, or all dolled up outside his house come that time.

Jayar - you don't want him back. You just want him to know what he's missing. Sounds perfectly normal to me.

I 100% agree with this. I'm at the stage where i DO NOT want him back but still fantasizes meeting him, seeing him again, getting back together with him. I think on a more subconscience level we want to show what they're missing, what they left behind. Kinda like a revenge tactic to me. One of these days, i will contact him and meet him face to face, i'll be better, happier with or without him. Life goes on.........they say the best revenge is to live better than them. I can finally see the truth in this. If it were me almost a year ago.........i'll probably still sulking and throwing all my dignity away into getting him back.