So to make a long story short, we're both 20, he liked me since freshman year of college, but I had a boyfriend back then. Got together in beginning of sophomore year, dated 7 months, he broke it off after a huge fight. We were on-and-off for about 2 months before that (both of us saying we'd break up but getting back together within a day). He actually just wanted a week of time apart and sent me a sweet long email about how he didn't want to give up yet. But after talking to his frat brothers, he broke up with me on the same day he sent me that email.

Begged and cried for a week, then stopped. He started popping up wherever I was saying how I looked pretty but that we didn't have a chance of getting back together. 3 weeks after the breakup, he's with another girl. He was looking for a date for his frat formal, and one of his brothers set him up with her (they were acquaintances since freshman year). She's coincidentally going to the same location for study abroad as all me and my ex and I'm absolutely scared. He checks my website periodically, but he recently changed his profile picture to that of him and her, and also deleted the online album that had a picture of us (which was my only hope that he still thought of me).

Anyway, here's this girl that he's called "unattractive" before. But she does look like a very friendly person despite not being that pretty, so maybe that's what attracted him to her. I still hope that he'd come back. After we broke up, he used to be very jealous of one of our mutual friends (one of his frat brothers) because we would always hang out (his girlfriend was my best friend). He would treat him like crap and all. But after he got his new girlfriend, he told our mutual friend that he was sorry about the jealousy, but now he's ok because he has a new girl... He really does look happy with her in his pictures with her... and a lot of thier friends think they are a good couple...

Have people been back after being in a happy realtionship with someone else? Do I really have no hope anymore...?

Honestly If it were me, and my ex was with someone new only weeks after she broke up with me I would see that as closure. I would see that as her moving on with her life and forgetting about me. But other people on here will probably tell you that "She's just a rebound, it wont last, he'll be back when things go wrong" If that's the case then don't take him back right away, do you really want to be a rebound from a rebound????