Over controlling parents.

cacain119

Ya that doesnt always work out. I tried doing that just yesterday with my mom, of course not as mean about it,... all that did was make her go off crying to my dad. After a while of that he came crashing into my room (literally) throwing things around yelling and screaming at me. He broke the fan I was sitting in front of and almost hit me with something else he threw. Then thretened to kick me out of the house ( Im only 18, leaving for college in about a month). I would leave but then I have no way to pay for or get to my school which is about 6 hours away and I dont know if my car can even drive for that long....

I have overprotective parents. I'm 27, and I live with my fiance and his parents now, and they're still that way. I'm currently unemployed, and they are paying for my cell phone, and my tuition when I go back to school. It's not fun, I'm happy I don't live with them but I still feel like I can't do whatever I want in life 'cause of the lack of money and my parents still help me out with some things financially.

Well that's good you work and don't live with your parents anymore. Try to talk to them that you're responsible, and you have a job. With saving more money, you can pay for your own, surprise your dad by doing that. All in all I hope your dad won't control you financially and that he will realize that there's nothing he can do about it 'cause you're an adult, and you don't live under their roof anymore.

Archived