Good Idea/Bad Idea: Asking a girl out via Myspace

Yeah I know, I know, asking someone out via the email/myspace/IM is lame.

But myspace profiles allow you to list your intentions (meeting friends, dating, networking...) so my question is, is it really that bad to do it?

I met a someone a while back, and I found her on myspace, and we've been chatting a bit back and forth, leaving comments, exchanging messages, and I wanna ask her if out for a cup of joe sometime.

I don't have her number, and I don't normally get a chance to see her, so I figured since we have this line of communication open, I might as well use it.

My attitude is give it the old college try, but the whole lameness factor scares me.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance.

Well.. I have been asked out by guys through the internet before, and it made me feel like they didn't care enough to pick up the phone and call me. I guess it's okay if you've only been communicating via myspace/email, but... I don't know, it might work out better for you if you exchange numbers or something, and then call her to ask her out.

The world is a changing place, and people are meeting in all sorts of different ways and places than they did before. With people spending so much time on the Internet now, and so many options available there, I don't think it's odd to meet someone on there at all.