what is the "spark"

its somthing that really cant be explained,

but......

but everyone has an explanation because a lot of people have "felt" it or something like it in one way or another....

let's get creative and use our words people. get out the old adjective finder (thesaurus) and descriptive terms and have a go at describing "The Spark."

The Spark is chemistry.

In the beginning of a relationship the spark makes you want to jump up and down or do a happy dance \\ when the person calls you.

As the relationsip progresses- it makes for excellent conversation and a feeling of "wow" when you seem to connect so much with the other person.

(May I dare say that "the spark" also makes for some great sex )

The Spark can turn into "love" if it is mutual and if it is also accompanied by trust, respect, commitment, and true friendship.

BellaDonna

It's just an instant connection that you feel with someone. It's either there, or it isn't. And, usually, it's there pretty soon after you meet someone if it's ever going to be there. I know you've heard the "love at first sight" phrase. Well, that's pretty much what it is.

Is it purely physical? No. In my opinion, that would just be lust. Hormones. Whatever. I think a lot of people confuse "spark" with lust. Lust fades. True spark doesn't. It's more than just that. It's the feeling of a complete connection with that person - physical, spiritual, emotional - like they are your twin and you've known them forever. Like them coming into your life was "meant to be."

It's a peace that comes over you when you are with them. No anxiety, jitters, nervousness. No pressure to feel like you have to impress the other person, to win them over, to make them like you. You are comfortable with yourself and who you are when you are with that person.

To me, that is spark. But, I'm sure you'll get a bunch of different answers.

If you think you are alone in the room with that person but there are really twenty other people in there as well.

yep, and the "anti-spark" is:

you are alone in the room with that person, but you hope that there would be twenty other people in there as well.