question for the girls: Do u like darker men or lighter men??

I was jus wondering about this as i surfed the net, because today in age in the media, music videos, movies it seems girls are more into darker guys.. i also speak from the world around me, im a light skinned hispanic male and my other peers are darker then i am and it seems the other latinas and white girls or jus any girl goes for the darker guy. Like i would be standing beside a darker friend and if a girl walks by, right away she notices him before me... not that im ugly jus wana know do u girls prefer darker men or lighter ???

discuss

I think beauty comes in many forms, regardless of color. I have seen many attractive men who very light, very dark, or somewhere in between.

Like i would be standing beside a darker friend and if a girl walks by, right away she notices him before me...

Chances are it was his confidence they were noticing, not his color.

BellaDonna

I think beauty comes in many forms, regardless of color. I have seen many attractive men who very light, very dark, or somewhere in between.

BellaDonna

Agree 100%!

Besides, ANYONE is darker than me ("porcelain" redhead here!). My boyfriend is Ukrainian, so pretty white, but damn he's sexy .

Its hard to say, because that crosses so many cultural lines. I would say that the exposure is out there for girls but I think that individual girls are still going to have their preferences. It would seem to me that if she thought you were cute then you are going to have a good chance regardless of your color.

BellaDonna

i definitely agree with that!

as for me, i'm just naturally attracted to lighter guys. but everyone has different tastes! just learn to be happy with who you are and then you'll never have to worry! best wishes

i got admit though some of these girls are racists

"oh hes too white " is what i hear " you can see his veins its so gross" reffering to other people...conversations i would hear from girls i know.

i mean i hear alot of girls say i dont wana marry a white guy, either a dark skinned spanish guy or a black guy ?

with all that i get the impression that white or light skinned is out and darker is "in"

Agree 100%!

Besides, ANYONE is darker than me ("porcelain" redhead here!). My boyfriend is Ukrainian, so pretty white, but damn he's sexy .

well your white yourself ( no offense) it might be easier for you to say that...but as for the darker girls which there is alot where im at they seem to get attracted more to the darker kind....

dont get me wrong i aint complaining, im jus wondering and making conversation out of this topic

I think there's a whole lot more to a person than the colour of their skin. If that's all or most of what you or they are seeing, you need to look deeper.

I hear what you're saying, but what I'm asking is ... does it really matter? Hopefully not!

"oh hes too white " is what i hear " you can see his veins its so gross" reffering to other people...conversations i would hear from girls i know.

i mean i hear alot of girls say i dont wana marry a white guy, either a dark skinned spanish guy or a black guy ?

I guess in this case- be glad that they are not taking up your time by paying attention to you- they sound shallow.

with all that i get the impression that white or light skinned is out and darker is "in"

That may indeed be true for the racist people you described- however it doesn't apply to all people.

BellaDonna

if those girls are racist- stay away! i guarantee you that you can find a girl out there who doesn't give a care about your skin color. i don't give skin color a second thought if i'm attracted to someone, and neither do my girl friends! look for a girl who won't care, one who will love you for you! trust me- they are out there. just keep lookin!

in todays day and age, lighter skin may be "out" while darker skin is "in", i dont really know. but if that is true...don't worry about it! there are too many people out there who don't even care whats in or whats out. i know i don't! there is someone out there whos gunna love you for you. just look for her. in the meantime, don't sweat it! be confident in who you are, regardless of your skin color!

oh, and p.s.- i'm not a white girl, and i tend to like white guys. see what i mean?

yeah i know what your saying, but i havent really ran into that kind of a person jus yet lol maybe right now on the net but thats about it hehe

maybe these "girls" are watching too much music videos or too mucH BET (not intended to be racist) but whatever its good to know someone as yourself dont think the same way these other girls think

I guess in this case- be glad that they are not taking up your time by paying attention to you- they sound shallow.

That may indeed be true for the racist people you described- however it doesn't apply to all people.

BellaDonna

arent most girls shallow these days anyway ??

im not sure if they jus racist or its jus there taste but the kind of comments they say make it sound bad to be light skinned...i gota admit sometimes it has hurt me, but i try not let it get to me

I think there's a whole lot more to a person than the colour of their skin. If that's all or most of what you or they are seeing, you need to look deeper.

I hear what you're saying, but what I'm asking is ... does it really matter? Hopefully not!

well when your attracted to a girl who wont like you for ur skin color it does kind of matter

im not sure if they jus racist or its jus there taste but the kind of comments they say make it sound bad to be light skinned...i gota admit sometimes it has hurt me, but i try not let it get to me

First off- No: most girls are not shallow these days. There are shallow males and females in the world- you can usually spot them right away by the comments they make- for me personally, I know very soon whether or not someone is "shallow"- and I choose to exclude such people from my life.

If these people are hurting your feelings- they are not worth your time at all. Next time they say something like that, you should call them on it. Let them know you are offended by what was said and that you think it's immature and shallow.

im not sure if they jus racist or its jus there taste

Even if it's just taste/preference, there is a level of immaturity and a lack of social skills if they go around broadcasting it like that. No class.

BellaDonna

First off- No: most girls are not shallow these days. There are shallow males and females in the world- you can usually spot them right away by the comments they make- for me personally, I know very soon whether or not someone is "shallow"- and I choose to exclude such people from my life.

If these people are hurting your feelings- they are not worth your time at all. Next time they say something like that, you should call them on it. Let them know you are offended by what was said and that you think it's immature and shallow.

Even if it's just taste/preference, there is a level of immaturity and a lack of social skills if they go around broadcasting it like that. No class.

BellaDonna

yeah i guess i jus get attracted to the wrong girls, like right off the bat if i see a nice girl i try to talk to her or at least say hi and knowing myself i kind of accept the way people are even with their ingnorance and rudness.. thats where im wrong

You're a handsome young man.

Don't worry about what those few girls have said, or what you might "pass" for. Enjoy being who you are.

If people are unintelligent enough to discriminate against you- then it's their loss.

BellaDonna

alright thnx alot ill try to keep it in mind

most girls aren't as shallow as you'd think, actually. i mean...everyone is shallow to a certain degree (which is natural), but most aren't that bad. yeah, a lot of people have a lot of different tastes...but if they say stuff to you that gets to you, call them on it. let them know. you'll most likely feel better too!

You look an awful lot like my bf. Looking good!

Funny enough; in my neck of the woods there seems to be a general idea white is right. This is a huge generalization, however, it points out how different attitudes are in various parts of the world!

I'll cross my fingers for you that you will meet a nice girl soon. You should have no probs. And nice girls who care not for colour are out there! (I certainly did not choose my bf based on lightness nor darkness of skin).

tc

most girls aren't as shallow as you'd think, actually. i mean...everyone is shallow to a certain degree (which is natural), but most aren't that bad. yeah, a lot of people have a lot of different tastes...but if they say stuff to you that gets to you, call them on it. let them know. you'll most likely feel better too!

usually some of them are my friends and i dont call em on, like one time i got into an argument wit one of them cuz she was making fun of light skinned and i try to avoid that

You look an awful lot like my bf. Looking good!

Funny enough; in my neck of the woods there seems to be a general idea white is right. This is a huge generalization, however, it points out how different attitudes are in various parts of the world!

I'll cross my fingers for you that you will meet a nice girl soon. You should have no probs. And nice girls who care not for colour are out there! (I certainly did not choose my bf based on lightness nor darkness of skin).

tc

thnx i cross my fingers too, although i think even if im not ugly and i got some looks it wont get me no where still, its all about personality which i think mine sux and i been tryina work on it

usually some of them are my friends and i dont call em on, like one time i got into an argument wit one of them cuz she was making fun of light skinned and i try to avoid that

hmm...some of them are your friends? sounds like you need a better group of friends hun!

thnx i cross my fingers too, although i think even if im not ugly and i got some looks it wont get me no where still, its all about personality which i think mine sux and i been tryina work on it

don't put yourself down like that! this is what was being mentioned earlier...it's not about skin color, its about confidence. you can't expect any girl out there to like you if you don't learn to like yourself!