6th Month Anniversary

Hello everyone. I'm planning my 6th month anniversary night with my girlfriend (well, I'm planning it by myself, but i'll be spending the night with her; just to clarify that).

What I have so far (the easy part), is dinner at Andre's the restaraunt, which is an AMAZING restaraunt (rated 2nd in New Jersey by the The Herald or Ledger, I forget). While there I'm going to give her a necklace I recently bought for her at Tiffany's. After dinner, I'm going to rent a Hotel room for us. Up until this point I'm OK. But, should I prepare a crazy "sexual menu" for her or should we just have some normal, yet still amazing sex? I don't know what to do.

This isn't something that is "end of the world" worthy, but I'd like to make the night as memorable as possible. So, maybe some kinky stuff would be good no?

Well, I guess this is where you guys come in and help me out.

All that at 6 months? Maybe it's just me, but planning something like that for your 6 month "anniversary" sounds more like a "holy crap I can't believe we made it this long" event rather than a "lets celebrate this length of our relationship" type deal.

A nice dinner sounds good for 6 months, but I personally think a very expensive dinner paired with a necklace and getting a hotel room is a little bit much for a 6 month "anniversary". Maybe save that for a year.

Though some may argue that 6th months is not an incredible length of time to put into a relationship, I disagree. Some poeple, like myself, are not good with relationships in general. For me to go out with and truly love a girl for six months is a milestone for me, and in this instance, my girlfriend, who has never broached that amount of time either. I'd like to make it a very special night. But, thanks for your input and I completely understand where you're coming from.

Oh, I love it!!! It sounds absolutely gorgeous! I wish my boyfriend would do that for me. 6 months might seem like a short amount of time to some people, but it can still be special and important to others.

I don't think you need to go over the top with the "sexual menu" everything else is really nice so I don't think you'll need to impress any more than that. Maybe concentrate on her a little more than usual. But I think she'll love it, whatever you do.

Just put her first, and go for some normal sex I say.. If she's not normally kinky, I wouldn't make her awkward with all sorts of gadgets and do-dads.

I'd just focus on her first, and make her the priority of the evening.. You want to keep it somewhat low key, IMO. Dinner and a necklace for 6 months is pretty large in any instance.

And I'm going to be devils advocate here, and say.. I noticed your age is 18.. Just be careful spending large amounts of money on items like jewelry. Your young.. I learned the hard way. I've got an ex that walks around witha 1.2 carat princess solitare on her finger.. And we weren't even engaged. And I've seen her wear it.. With her new boyfriend.

Sounds bitter?

Yes, there are guys. I no longer do it. I've gotten taken for granted in the past. I made note of anniversaries in 6 and 12 month intervals, along with birthdays, and within I say 1 year. My ex had everything from a ring, to earrings and necklace and tennis braclets..

I've since given up on most women after that. It's flowers and a well planned dinner, and some good sex specific to whatever they want, thats about all I do. But lately I've just played dumb to what day it was.

You can make the sex special without being kinky. Everything you have planned so far sounds very romantic, and "kinky" just doesn't say romance to me. Maybe plan to have the room full of candles (check in early, and set them up so you can light them quickly when you get there after dinner) and take the sex really slow - maybe give her a massage, make her feel like you worship her body - pay attention to every inch of her. Make sure she feels totally loved, and caress/nibble/kiss her all over until she's all but begging for sex.

Hmm...giving myself ideas. I think my significant other will be getting a nice surprise tonight...

I was listening to my iPod at work today and that John Mayer song came on - Your Body is a Wonderland. It made me think of my advice on this one, and I thought I'd suggest also playing music - maybe make a mix CD with lovey/sexy songs on it, songs that were playing during significant moments in your relationship, songs that played during romantic scenes in movies you've watched together. Whatever Happy anniversary!