Is suicide good advice?

I don't think it's right for someone if based only on the condition that they feel it's the right thing to do. People suffering from depression, stress or from being overwhelmed will often see things worse or differently from reality, and if they think it's better for them to go, they're usually wrong.

Under very extreme circumstances, which aren't in any way realistic and likely to be encountered in real life, it may be the right thing to do, but that should never be anyone's call.

I have been wondering about this one and find one instance where I can not get away from what others did, On 9/11 some jumped from the fire to there deaths, if I was asked then and there what should some one do I would say jump. A fast death or the pain of the fire, I would have jumped 100%.

I have been wondering about this one and find one instance where I can not get away from what others did, On 9/11 some jumped from the fire to there deaths, if I was asked then and there what should some one do I would say jump. A fast death or the pain of the fire, I would have jumped 100%.

Yes i would jump to, i would rather jump than burn to death

I think that situation (jumping from the building during sept. 11th) is a bit different. They're facing 100% guaranteed death in a matter of seconds, either way, they're not really ending their life as much as they are deciding to end it differently.

I think that situation (jumping from the building during sept. 11th) is a bit different. They're facing 100% guaranteed death in a matter of seconds, either way, they're not really ending their life as much as they are deciding to end it differently.

in my oppinion thats what suicide is, we all die suicide is simply taking control of the circumstances surrounding it

-stitcheS

Suicide is ending our life prematurely, at least in my opinion. So if we're destined to die within a matter of seconds/minutes it's not ending our life prematurely anymore. *shrugs* I'm a little out of it right now so that may or may not have made any sense

Like dpressedone, I think that suicide is an option BUT it's something that you have to decide on your own.

I'd never tell someone to kill themselves. I don't want another person's death on my shoulders, which, imo, it would be if you told them to commit suicide and they did. You never know what might push someone over the edge...sometimes it doesn't take much.

I was just thinking to myself (dont judge Im not crazy. Just thinking) at what point what it be good advice to tell someone to kill themselves.

Ofcourse im most cases that would be bad advice. But what If I say I had no arms no legs fell in a tub of acid was blind, deaf, and became a mute from it. If I in that situation I would think myself why doesnt someone kill me. I would not be able to express nor comunicate with anyone muchless be in any physical condition to commit suicide.

Would it be right to kill someone in this conditon or would it be good advice to give.

Where do we draw the line on this. I have in the past thought of suicide and always wondered why wont someone just tell me to kill myself.

The option of suicide should always be open. Several of my friends have been suicidal; each time I made a point of NOT trying to talk them out of it.

In the end, none of them hurt themselves, but letting them know that suicide was an option took some of the pressure off them and made it easier for them to deal with their problems.

There are cases of people who have been in accidents where they have been nearly completely paralysed, eg a friend of mines brother. Now he is a very successful artist and has sell out exhibitions. Something potentially tragic can be turned into a positive. Always look for hope, never give up.

Well in that case, I would consider this the ONLY suicide option. I would rather prefer jumping myself to death than getting burn to death in that building.