Hi ladies and Gents, I written a few posts on this board to see that some people need examples of how nc helps you become yourself, so here is my story. Been broken up with my ex-gf since march 1st initiated NC may first after pretending to be just friends when all I wanted was more the entire time. Around March 18th Im out at the local club with some friends...then I see her...dancing...well more so griding with a work colleague (kinda my protege which really hurt) The whole night I couldnt stop staring and it just hurt so much I ended up writing a email to her saying were not friends after her actions but as you can tell it didnt work.

So here I am today after almost 2+months of NC. Heading out to the same dance club with a warning before hand "she might be out tonight* I shake it off as i'll deal with it when It happens. I'm having a great time with my friends when she walks in, I look..."eh" is my emotional response and go back to my business. I'm not gonna lie to you and say I didnt look at her throughout the night, but it was a different look, I was more confident in my gazes and it didnt hurt as much to see her smile or dance. When I left just about 20 min ago hehe it was for 2 reasons one because I'm working in 7 hours heh and the other was because if she was looking for me ( i caught her looking at me) it creates that atmopshere of oh..where did he go? but most it was the early shift heh.

Now I tell you this I still have the slightest hope that my love is enough to bring her back but I've been working on myself and doing NC and just living life without constantly thinking about her. I hope all of you who are on the fence read these words carefully and decide whats right for you.

good night....and good luck

hey mike,

Im glad to hear that you are doing so much better these days. Our situations have been so similiar (right down to the time of the breakup) and so its good to know that you are getting stronger everyday and moving on. These days I also feel like I am a lot more under control emotionally, and am starting to believe that I will be okay with or without my ex. Every now and then I hit a rough spot where I start to feel bad and miss him, but in general I tend to be more on the okay I side. I am more accepting of what has happened, and more concerned about making MYSELF feel okay, rather than trying to "win him back".

Keep it up, you are an inspiration to everyone