Brief recap: My ex and I broke up because he needed space. He kept contacting me and something didn't feel right so I checked his email. I saw that he was going away with another girl. His calls and messages kept coming and I tried no contact, but I guess that made him angry. Anyhow, he started leaving nasty messages in response to my nc, which thank God finally woke me up out of my fantasy that maybe he'll realize what a mistake he is making and come back to me. I sent a text message back to him telling him to have fun with his on vacation. And there really is nothing left for me to say. He denied it and I haven't heard from him in three hours. How can someone be so evil? The past week I've been so depressed and miserable and today I'm so angry I wish I could punch him right in the face. How long will it take to get off of this emotional roller coaster of love turned to hate, hurt, and loneliness?

You're experiencing a release of denial. It's a weird place really. You don't want the fantasy but at the same time it feels a lot more comfortable.

I snapped at my ex too and told him off for the first time since our first break up. I no longer respect him so I don't care what he thinks about it.

Hang in there. Know in your head that waht this guy is doing to you isn't kosher and it's not what you would have gotten involved to begin with so why accept it now?

• Like 1

hi shelly - you may not realize this now, but you have made a HUGE step towards your recovery. Now that you no longer want him back, and you see how nasty he can get with you, you know better, and you'll do better next time.

just stay far away from him, take care of yourself, meet other men. you'll forget his name in just a few months!