How long should I wait before trying to become friends with my ex again?

See this topic for details about the break up:

We briefly discussed seeing a concert in a month and simply hanging out after we broke up. How long should I wait before calling her about these?

We ended our relationship peacefully, but I still want to be friends with her.

ElektraHere is totally correct. You can be friends when you truly consider your ex as a friend, NOT an ex-girlfriend. That means being able to handle conversations about other relationships, since these are commonly discussed among friends. Are you ready to hear about her new relationships? Is she ready to hear about yours?

Marco

Yes exactly like they said.

Me and my ex bf couldn't talk for almost 2 years after we broke up. Cause we were still so jealous of each other and coudln't talk about each others relationships or handle hearing about being with the opposite sex. Although we really did want to be friends and hang out.

Now though, we can talk about ANYTHING he could talk about makin out with girls all he wants it doesn't bug me cause I've finally moved on and look at him only as a friend. And he does the same with me.

It takes time. For both.

My ex and I briefly discussed possibly getting back together after some time (she is currently in a time-intensive music camp for the next month). I debated trying to get back with her after that. However, I have since decided against that. I decided that I wasn't truly happy with my ex, despite the things I liked about her. We rarely ever had any romantic moments. I decided that she isn't the girl for me. I'll admit it was hard for me at first, but I feel the only way I can really get over her is to get to know her again as friends. Last night, I went out with a few friends of mine and realized I still have a liking for a girl who went with us (I had a "crush" on this girl before going out with my ex).

The main reason I want to be friends with her is that I graduated from high school in May and will be heading off the college. My ex and her best friend will be heading there and they are two of the few people I know from my high school going there.

Hi darkspark,

To get over her just remember that you were not truly happy with her. It will take time but eventually sink in.

Meeting other people and girls is good too. Just don't rush into things with another girl.

I do not believe in turning feelings on and off. Lovers > friends may not happen.

When you see her in college, be friendly, be yourself, friendship may develop. Either way, important is to be civil (she too).