I believe this is the finale...

I would like to say thank you to everyone who's posted here, in response to me or not, for making me feel enotalone during this time. It's almost 7 months since the breakup and it appears my house is finally sold. While I'm not getting my hopes too high, this time seems to be a for real offer. I'll be leaving this time behind with this house, moving in with a friend for a month or two, then leaving this place for good.. so in a heartfelt fassion, here's what I have to say to you my ex-love.....

Thank you for giving me five years of love and companionship. I know we didn't have the best relationship for the whole 5 years but for the time we were together, I truly do appreciate what I learned. Thank you for providing me with hope and understanding that there really are good people out there in this world and not everyone is like what I knew and grew up around. I don't think you even know this, but you did. Thank you for helping me find what I really do want in life and it doesn't matter what the rest of the world is doing or like. I know now, without a doubt, I want to be a husband and a father and that I am capable of accomplishing this, no matter what the obstacle in front of me, no matter what my fear of becoming my father may be. Thank you for showing me what a loving family does for each other and a healthy way to be together. Thank you for showing me what it really takes for a real relationship to work. Thank you for the inspiration that you didn't even know you gave me. Thank you for being a part of the reason I now know what I am capable of. And most of all, thank you for loving me.

Now all I have to do is pack, put what I need in storage for now, and save for a couple months so I can move and leave these memories behind and start new. I cannot stay in this house anymore, in this job anymore, in this town, in this group of friends anymore without thinking of the what ifs and the good times we did have together. It's time for something new. It's time for me to be me again. I don't know if you'll ever truly understand this, but you will always be a part of me and I will always be thankful that a person like you was in my life. I love you Arwen. Goodbye.