ok so this friend that i've know for about 6 months now, i just found out (well i've kinda known, but it was just a clue i had) that he liked me last night and he is my ex's (whom i just broke up with like 2 weeks ago) best friends. Well he is a really nice guy, im not extreamly attracted to him, but he's average looking, funny, and really really nice. Any way he asked me out last night, and I told him that I would but he needs to understand that i am not ok with anything other then cuddling and kissing right now cause i've just been really really hurt by someone I gave all of myself too (my ex ian). I just don't feel like i'll be ready for at least a few months, and that will give me time to know if i like dating him and not just having him as a friend with out me just giving myself up when i don't even know yet. So I guess my first ? would be do you think that's messed up of me to want to wait a few months, is that normal, and do you think that will cause relationship problems?

My second ? is basically I don't know, like I don't think that It wont work out and be a fun relationship, but is it normal for me to not want to get attatched as fast as I did last time, not be so clingy and touchy, is there a way I can be touchy and nice but not be like all clingy like relationships usually start with out him feeling like I don't like him. Im just worried so much that I me being hurt so much (and I mean really hurt) that I wont be as open and that it might turn bad.

may I please get some opinions from you guys, I'm sure that a lot of you have already been through similar situations and this is the first for me so im a bit worried.

thanks guys,

love Qtpie87

This is stupid, you are rushing yourself into a new relationship while you are NOT READY!, break it off with him, and say that you are going to date him, but that you need time to recover from your disasterous relationship. Don't you understand that you can't go into a new relationship with a broken heart? You will act confused and won't be able to give this new fellow the love of heart that is needed to make a relationship work out.

So break things off, your not ready. You must do what is in best interest for yourself, which in this case is give yourself time to heal, pick up the pieces of your broken heart, and glue them back together again before you step into a new relationship.