Why Do Men Care So Much About Looks?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

different people have different taste... there are many very pretty women that everyone may say that she is beautiful but that i dont agree.

anyway, Women are beautiful while men are... well.. men.

this is a though question but i dont think someone is shallow because they rather a woman that looks like their dream woman.

in terms of love and attraction,

why are men so caught up in the way a woman looks? Is it that they are just inherently more shallow, or is it something else?

You look like a model. I'll bet you have trouble finding men who are into your personality and instantly base their attraction on looks alone.

So yes, they're inherently shallow.

I was watching a special on the discovery channel about sex and attraction.

They said looks are important because a better looking person has better genes. It is instinct to be attracted to a better looking person because their genes are stronger and will produce more "perfect" children with no problems.

If you have two ugly people with weak genes reproducing, then it creates problems such as children being born with mental retardation, and further imperfection.

It would make sense that to a certain extent, our physical appearances could be used as visual cues and indicators of our genetic viability and overall health.

In a biological sense what we determine those qualities to be essential and desireable to carry on to the next generation. Now different men pick different traits of what they find attractive as far as body parts go. However facial attractiveness is typically determined by the symmetry that a girls face has. We have some how determined these things to be desireable in a potential mate.