Friend of ex...

Dated this girl (ex) at work and she wanted a lot more and I didn't. She was heart-broke and very bitter at end. 9 months later, she still works at company but avoids me like the plague. It is very awkward for both of us. I have not dated at work since...

Now, her good friend (also works in same office with us) is single. She is incredible, and I am very attracted to her. She seems interested in me too. I have been heart-broke before and know how painful it is. I don't want to hurt ex more. So I can't bring myself to ask her friend out. I have been flirting with her carefully (striking up friendly conversations when I see her outside of office, IM, etc.). I want her to initiate any type of dating.

Am I just being selfish? Should I get over it? I can't seem to shake this thing.

Thanks in advance for advice.

i think that u should do what u feel but, if this friend is a good friend of ur ex's then she might not want to be with u because u have been with her friend

Please take the time to write out words properly. 'u' instead of 'you' and 'ur' instead of 'your' is netspeak and is not favoured on eNotAlone.

Thanks