I love her and still feel like she is the one for me

Hello everyone.. Brace yourself for a story, it's long.......but worth it!!!!!

I don't know why I am stick stuck on my ex-girlfriend who broke up with me about a month and a half ago. Try to understand, we didn't break up because anything was wrong, we never faught, and always got along. you see, we went out for four months. It was some of the best four months of my life. It was a picture perfect relationship filled with a lot of love, fun, respect and good times. Back in august we both were leaving for college. We were going to try the long distance thing. We had both agreed on it. We were going to be 3000 miles apart from each other. For the first couple of weeks it seemed ok and looked as if it was going to work. towards the end of the month, things started to look a little gloomy. We were talking everyday which might have been a mistake. It ultimately came down to the fact that she wanted to see other people, she felt like this relationship was going to ruin our college experience and that i shouldn't wait for her, and not think she was the only girl for her, you know the usual stuff you never want to hear when in a long distance relationship. I said yes, and gave in, only because i cared and loved her so much, i wanted her to be happy and did not want to hold her back from being herself. she also said she was scared she wasn't going to find a guy like me again. I thanked her for everything she gave me and told her i would always be there for her. I also told her i couldn't talk to her for a while and then stupidly called her the next week. I talked to her on and off for about a month and it has been about three weeks since i last spoke with her. Let me try to explain why i can't let go. Go back about a year, we both went to the same high school. We met on the closing night of our school musical. She had twisted her ankle and they asked me to carry her on stage and bow with her in my arms because she could not walk, i was more then happy to do it. certainly a great way to meet your future girlfriend. Anyway, we went on our first date 4 months later. on my birthday in fact, to make a long story shorter then it has to be, the four months we went out were magic, each moment greater then the next, we loved to spend time with one another, we also had a lot in common with one another, we could listen to music, go play sports, anything you can think of we did. To put it into one word, Amazing. It has been about two months since we broke up, i still love her and care for her very deeply, she is a girl that does not come around very often and pretty scared i will not meet someone like her again, knowing that a 7 months ago i did everything i could to make what we had the best it could of been. I found a diamond in the rough and i feel so lucky to have been with her. I think about her all the time and next week is thanksgiving, we will both be in town. Seeing her might be to painful, i don't know what to do, i know she wants to see me though. could the connection still be there? I don't want to love anyone else. It has been such a rough three months for me, everyday i feel alone and miss her so much, i know i have to take care of myself and move on, but how can you do that when you had something so good and then gave it up because of a stupid thing like distance. if i see her i am afraid she is going to be someone different then when i left her. Please help me someone, do i stay or let it go?? i have talked to a lot of people about this, but if someone has beeen through something similar, write back, i love her and still feel like she is the one for me. no matter the distance, being in college or whatever, thanks for taking the time to read this novel, i appreaciate it....

Okay, first of all it's another love story which has a special place in your heart I'm sure.

But stop thinking that you'll never get better. You get whatever you settle for. Let me say that again. You get whatever you settle for.

If I were you, I'd get off my ass and start getting alot of phone numbers.

The part of you bowing on stage with her in your arms is cool and all, but it wasn't fate. You both decided to make it fate. If it was fate, you would both still be together. And I know it's hard as hell to forget a girl that you love--which I'm certain you do. But come on man, she's dating other people. So why not you?? You have hormones right? Go activate them! You're still young. You still have many many many good times ahead of you. You could even throw a party to celebrate being single. I did that when I was 20 and ended up getting lucky that night. It works-I promise. I'd bet my boots on it!!

So stop fretting about finding someone as good as her. You can find better. Go market yourself. You DO know how to market yourself right??

Anyway, good luck! And I hope you're not offended by my advice. I really hate to see people suffer so needlessly. Get rid of anything around your house that reminds you of her. Tell her not to call you anymore and be damn strong when you say it. Don't cry! NEVER let her see you cry-if you do cry! You need to show her that your a man of strength and courage. A man who is happy being who he is-- with or without anyone. A man who is fun to hang out with. Seriously!! Survive this!!

Lone Star *