would you want a girl that you knew ur friend had slept with?

where can i get this....rules of men book? or is it scratched on a cavewall somewhere?

growl. u men will be the death of me!! louts! brutes!!

if it wasnt for men's sexual prowesses....hmph, i wouldn't even look twice.

I guess it all depends on when the friend slept with the girl. If they were together years ago or something then I wouldn't have any problems.

If they had just broken up then it could become awkward, if I had strong feelings for the girl thought I'd probably go for it. I don't do one night stands, so I'm looking at it more in the way of developing a relationship. Just sleeping with someone who just broke up with your friend is just wrong!

This is one of those situations where you decide not to date a friends ex, but down the road some years later the same friend you were so conscious about not hurting, betraying or whatever, would date a recent ex of yours without hesitation.

If the attraction between you and this ex of a friend is genuine, then why not. Forget the ridiculous caveman code of honor...remember all is fair in love and war.

be well.

im a girl. but shhh. let's not remember that.

i seem to be letting in on some weird man code i have never heard of before. i cant tell if u guys are joking or what.

No joke... According to the "Rules of Men" (aka RoM) you are not to go after your friend's ex UNLESS she is rediculously gorgeous AND it has been at least a few months. Some members of RoM wanted it to be "if she breaks up with him she breaks up with YOU" but this was later compromised for above said rule.

Depends on the friendship in my opinion, and what the friend thinks about it (you should ask them).

If it was just a one-time thing between them, and he said go for it...well, then go for it. If they had something deeper, and he says he would be very hurt if you went for it...don't go for it.

And give it some time, don't go for her the day after they end things or something!

If you are casual acquaintances, then also, I think you can go for it. I know a lot of people whom were introduced by their ex's whom are together much later, and as happy as ever. Just because they were not right together, does not mean you wouldn't be.

Personally i would expect all of my friends to adhere to the old rule of "if she breaks up with him, she breaks up with you too." I would do the same for my friends too. It just works the best this way.

However if my friend was the dumper and not the dumpee, i would wait a month or two and then i would make my move. But then again i would realize that my friend dumped her for a reason and i would trust him enough to think that she may have serious flaws.

In the rules of men the way we played them, if he had just slept with her (no relationship), then there's no problem with his pal doing the same. However, neither would date her because their mutual success with her would clearly indicate her lack of discriminating ability, and both would be too embarrassed to be seen with her.

If he'd been involved with her and had no objection, then dating her would be okay but guy 2 would need to treat her reasonably well to avoid guy 1's wrath for mistreating his ex.

Depends on the maturity of the friendship.

Some friendships are fragile and lack foundation.

I'm currently living with a friend who dated my ex before I did. I was married 25 years and have known him 30 years.

Some guys think for themselves and don't conform to the "rules."

Live your own life.

I 2nd everything cecelius said. I think you should only date your friends ex if he gave you permission. But if a girl broke your friends heart, then under no circumstances should you date her or even ask him for permission. This goes for close friends and distant friends alike. It is called respect.

im a girl. but shhh. let's not remember that.

i seem to be letting in on some weird man code i have never heard of before. i cant tell if u guys are joking or what.

Welcome to our world.. But, you're not supposed to know this Cecelius & byates5637 are right.. Gotta love the R.o.M.

u mean that inbetween bonking heads with each other and seeing who's arms dangle longer than the other........that men sit down and write such things? it reminds me of the code of hammarubi.

so what other strange and wonderful secrets can i learn about you mysterious primative creatures?

u mean that inbetween bonking heads with each other and seeing who's arms dangle longer than the other........that men sit down and write such things? it reminds me of the code of hammarubi.

so what other strange and wonderful secrets can i learn about you mysterious primative creatures?

You say primitive, I say logical.

Wow...you have this attitude about men and then you make threads asking why men are abusive to you and why you can't get any sex?!?

It seems like you answered your own questions. Look in the mirror...