whats goin on between me and her?

i recently started talking to this girl a little over 2 months ago.we have known each other for about 3 years.she used to date a guy i knew and she was good friends with my ex at one time.it is important to know that her and my ex were not friends for about the last 6 months of my relationship.i have had several people in the past tell me that the girl im talking to now has had the hots for me for a while.im in my late twenties and she is close to her mid twenties.i know her amd her mom are really close and have been arguing lately.this girl is brutally honest and will not hold back tellin you something to keep from hurting your feelings.i know her and her ex are through and my instincts are telling me there is not another guy.i dont see any signs of another guy either.in the past couple of weeks,she has become somewhat distanced from me.we havent had any arguments,we get along great.her mom loves me to death.i often spend the entire weekends with her.she really only has one friend that she hangs out wih if she isnt with me.we had the little relationship talk about a month ago and i told her that i really think there is alot more going on than just being friends and she agreed.she and i also agree that we should take it slow.i almost feel like its goin backwards now.....sometimes though i make something out of nothing.i am 180 degrees different than her ex,i actually respect her and encourage to spend time with her mom and her friend she hangs out with(a female),who seems like she thinks the world of me also.she said she needs some alone time for herself and i am willing to give it her.i asked her about a week ago if she still had the same feelings for me and she said yes and she wished i wouldnt ask her that.i think if she didnt want to be with me she would tell me.im thinking maybe she wants to be single for a little while or i think this may be even more right,she got hurt in her last relationship by being cheated on and not be respected.she knows im not hte type to do that but maybe its ion the back of her head that she will be hurt again.....someone,preferably a woman,tell me what the heck is goin on and what should i do?

oh wow, I can't tell you whats goin on with her, cause I don't know her (;

But I know from personal experience that some time to think, isn't always a bad thing. especially when it's seeing someone before the 'actual' verbal commitment. I took a few weeks of thinking,while seeing him, before dating my finace, mainly because I knew he was a wonderful guy (knew eachother for 2 years) so I had to MAKE sure I was ready for the commitment that could lead to marriage OR to be ready to get myself in a position where I could be hurt.

Right now Be there for her, be patient, give her the time she needs and let her know she's worth waiting for (if that is how you feel)

best of luck

i definitely think she is worth waiting for.she is one of the few women i have been around i think really gets me.she gets my sense of humor,we already have several inside jokes that no one else knows about.i hate to cut us down but we are kinda like geeks.you wouldnt think by looking at us or even hangin out with us.i just really feel we are a good match and she has even said that herself.i hope if i stand back and let her do what she wants to that it will all work out for us to be together...

awww, that's wonderful & I think you're right. Stand back let her know that she is worth waiting for & you'll give her whatever she needs for her to figure things out for herself. Have faith! I think it will work itself out for the best (: (keep me posted)

will do.in the meantime i have a question for you.is it ok for me to ask her if she wants to hangout or should i let her ask me.im thinkin just let her ask me since she is the one that seems to need a little time.we still communicate great and i really have no reason to think that it will not work out.i just havent seen as much latley as i would like to.......but i will be patient

everything seems to be going great....still not seeing her quite as much as i want to....but im just giving her her time without trying to be too pushy.....i think she coming around.....

Great but plenty of time before I need that bridesmaid's dress.

actually i think we had a big breakthru this weekend.we hung out together more this weekend than we have in a while.......ebeything seems to be going in the right direction...gotta go,we are spendin the day at the lake....

Will I be looking for a bridesmaid's dress , then ?????

• 2 weeks later...