How do I keep the conversation going

Hi, it's been a while since I been with a girl, I'm not ugly or anything. It's just that my ex really mess me up. Not only emotionaly, but financially too lol. Anyways, I meet this girl at school and we were at the cafeteria and I she was kinda flirting with and we were talking for about a minute or so. Well, during that minute I nearly ran out of things to say, in just that one minute. The good thing was that she had a phone call and she had to go, so she said we will talk again next time. So I figure after class I go up to her and start talking to her again, and I just don't know what to say. We pass that stage were we ask for each others favorite things like music, movie, etc. I wan't to initiate a non boring coversation.

Also, note that this is college.

i always have a hard time starting a conversation but once i do i can go off on it forever, even if it is just somethin random like today this girl was holding a painting (obviously abstract) n i asked her if it was n she said yeah, that's what i typed in on google and i asked her long it took her to do it, just random stuff like that will work

Carrying on a conversation can be tough, very tough for a shy person. I'm reasonably shy around attractive girls, so I know the feeling. But what helps is to just relax, take a deep breath, and just listen to what she has to say. Most of the time she will drop hints. For instance, if she starts saying, "I went to Italy once with my family, and it was so much fun...", then it would be natural to go with the flow and start asking her about the trip, what she did, etc.

Just realize that if a conversation ends short, it's not the end of the world. It's a true test of confidence when you come to the akward silence and you don't stress over it. Most importantly, don't be afraid to ask questions, going into detail about something she is talking about.

Hope that helps.