My last relationship ended six months ago

And now I am testing out the dating pool again. I met a nice man about a month ago. He is very, very good looking, owns his own business as a carpenter, is 38 years old and is about eight months out of a three year relationship of his own. He is a good ole country boy, has the same basic interests as me.

He seems ready to date, and most days I feel ready also. My problem is this; he has many great qualities, two of which are stability and the desire to settle down (two things my ex told me he couldn't provide since he has emotional problems) so why don't I feel a spark and sexual attration to this new guy? I can't tell if it's because I am not ready or that there just simply isn't going to be a spark with him?

I have had three day-long dates with him doing simple things like hang out at his farm, go out to dinner and then just the "hang out and watch TV" date, all of which I liked doing with him and are my ideal way to get to know someone.

I don't want to assume that it's just because I'm not ready and give up on him and that be the reason there's no spark or if there simply isn't going to be one. I am very confused here and would like advice.

It is weird how attraction works...a person can posess most things you look for, connect on so many levels but no sparks. I have learned there is really no rythme or reason to attraction...it is just....there.

I tried dating a guy whom I had a good connection with on several diffrent levels but I never was attracted to him. It was a disaster. I am not saying it will happen for you...just my personal experience with trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

Kell is right...attraction is very weird...

You can date someone who you might think would be completely WRONG for you on paper...and yet you might be unable to let them go for whatever reason.

Then there are some people who even though they look incredible on the outside...NOTHING about them makes you want to jump their bones..LOL..

Strange I tell ya!!!!

For ME....a BIG BIG thing is confidence!!! No matter how good looking or average someone is...a confident attitude IS always A huge PLUS. It doesn't have to be an arrogant confidence either...just that "air' about them....a take me or leave me attitude. Don't ask me why...but that is a big thing for me...