What helps with hang overs hurryyyy!

Yes I've also heard drinking alcohol to cure a hang over also just like jabele. But never tried it myself either.. Eating greasy food, drinking lots of water & juice is the way to go. And for the aspirin & tylenol & advil advices...I would never do that. Alcohol with Medicines are REALLY dangerous. As someone else already said, they can cause reactions and produce toxins thus POISONING you.

To avoid hangovers, drink water before you pass out.

Precisely. The best way to solve a problem is to prevent it from happening.

Whenever I go drinking, I always have a big jug of water sitting by my bed for when I get back so I won't forget to do it.

Speaking of drinking, I was pretty trashed myself last night (which I haven't done in god knows how long). Five large glasses of rum + coke usually does the trick. However, I did something like what someone else in this thread does and did a late night Wafflehouse run for some greasy hash browns and water. I'm still feeling fine now.

Hang in there now...

Quote:

To avoid hangovers, drink water before you pass out.

Precisely. The best way to solve a problem is to prevent it from happening.

Or to avoid hangovers, don't drink, or at least don't drink irresponsibly. lol

I must say I like a buzz from drinking now and then- but in all of my life I have never drank to the point of passing out or vomiting. I don't really think I've had a hangover either. I always be sure I have enough food and water while drinking- that I pace myself slowly- and never go beyond my limits. I find vomiting to be so gross that I want to avoid it at all costs. To me puking ruins the fun. It's not worth it to have a quick moment of fun while having to deal with stomach acid eating away at my tooth enamel later. :silly:

BellaDonna

I barely don't drink anymore to avoid that. Last time I drank it was two glasses of wine with my girlfriend (between both we had a 750ml bottle of white wine, with sushi).

Only way to avoid a hangover is not to drink, anything else will only make it less bad, but you'll get it.

Oh my God. Some of this advice is horrible! Like this! This is a good way to get even sicker.

don't recommend doing it, but the best way to cure a hang over is actually...

....to drink alcohol.

Okay guy who posted this. I know that you're not going to stop drinking, just because somebody thinks it's wrong. I am a certified Paramedic and a former RN. My wife is a PA. The first thing you want to do is to forget eveything you just read. These home remedies are a bunch of fooey. Greasy foods, and bread have NO effect. How does digested food sloshing around in bile "soak" up alcohol??????? Either way, that alcohol is going into your blood stream. Please enlighten me! The only good point I read was to drink water. This will help. Okay, now for part two. If you ever get wasted like that again, here's what you do. Go to any pharmacy and ask them where they keep their activated charcoal. They all have some type of product with a small dosage in it. Read the instructions and take it if you feel like you described. You can buy it over the counter. You can take Tylenol or Ibuprofen as much as you want. Drinking juice, milk or vitamins won't do a thing for you. Vitamin C or Calcium won't get rid of your head ache.

^^^ Thank you very much i have been drinkin water all day today ate some food and slept for a few hours and i am feeling alot better almost fully better. so basically the only thing that bothers me right now is a scrap on my arm cuz i stumbled down the stairs..i kno i am not gunna stop drinkin but i wont drink like that...again

Oh my God. Some of this advice is horrible! Like this! This is a good way to get even sicker.

Okay guy who posted this. I know that you're not going to stop drinking, just because somebody thinks it's wrong. I am a certified Paramedic and a former RN. My wife is a PA. The first thing you want to do is to forget eveything you just read. These home remedies are a bunch of fooey. Greasy foods, and bread have NO effect. How does digested food sloshing around in bile "soak" up alcohol???????

Speaking from personal experience, eating greasy foods makes ME feel better when I had too much to drink. That is just my body chemistry and how my body works. The original poster asked for some hangover cures, and of course, he will receive a lot of different opinions.

We are all just letting out our own opinions on what helps us during our hangovers. Its not like we are saying do this and do that. I mean the drink more was a bit odd but if no one has tried it, then whats the point in telling him to do it?!

Don't use Tylenol.

If there is any remaining alcohol in your system, it causes Tylenol to release a toxic byproduct that can cause liver failure. You should never take Tylenol when you've been drinking.

Lots of water is good, bread is good, and plain white rice is good also.

It's the acetomenophen I think that can cause liver failure if taken in high doses or abused with alcohol.

ok well last night i had a little to much to drink and threw up now today i feel like * * * * i need something that i can eat maybe that will help me feel better fast....do any of you kno of anything

Dude, always take DayQuil when dealing with a hangover.

Yes, that means don't take Tylenol WHILE drinking, hence the do not take with alcohol warning. A hangover happens after you are done drinking. The alcohol is well out of your liver by this stage, so taking Tylenol or any pain killers for head aches is okay. Hell, sometimes after a night out with the guys I'll hook myself up to an IV

In the past I have the most success with drinking as much water as I can

This is sound advice.