this is a little bit of a different situation than i've ever been in. about two weeks ago my friend told me she liked me, and we decided we'd like to take our friendship to another level. we've been hanging out a lot more recently and started actually going out on dates. but i can't seem to make a move. we're comfortable talking, but physical contact isn't something we did as friends. she's sort of an uptight person when it comes to that, and i can't see how she'd be opposed to that between us, i just can't seem to feel comfortable breaking that ice.... any suggestions???

i feel like once that ice is broken, it will all be great from there.

From a woman's standpoint (and I would never make a move on a man), one way you can show her that you see her more than as a friend is hold her hand, sit close to her, pull her close to you. They are nice gestures of comfort and closeness that should not scare her away and they arent as scary as like kissing her, I would believe. Most women, if you did that to them, they would take it well and would take it as a sign that you are interested in more than just a friendship.

Have you hugged her? It sounds kind of cliche, but I think the best time to break the physical barrier is when you are parting company, preferably in the evening when no one is around. Just give her a goodbye hug, or if you've already done that, you can try for the goodbye kiss. Keep in mind that she already likes you so the chance of rejection is smaller than it would be otherwise.

I think hugging her when departing from her company is a great idea, as someone suggested. Let the hug linger, and try to get her eyes to meet your eyes and slowly move in, lightly kissing her lips and see what her response is. She's already told you that she likes you, so whatever you decide to do is probably fine with her.