You know what... SCREW HER!

I had no life when i was with her, i couldnt go out and see my mates. I neglected them all for 11 months. Now im with them again and i can finally live life.

I dont need her anymore, she is just a shadow in my past. Im ready to get on with my life, and as much as she will always have a place in my heart, my future has no room for her.

It took me 6 months to realise this but i did it. I love you all.

Thank you all, i dont know where i would be without the forum.

I had always wanted to go out with my mates, but we would end up getting in a fight about it and i would stay home and do nothing. Eventually, my mates just stopped calling. I would be made to appologise to her when i came back from being with my mates.

The day we broke up i contacted one of my good mates and basiaclly appologised for not being there. 30 minutes later i had a knock on my door from a carfull of mates who told me to go get ready.

I really love you all.

If anyone here is hurting from a break up with "the one" please listen to what i say. Countless times you will hear about hindsight, and how you need to let time take its course. I was so caught up in not beliving this and wanting the day to come so much, it drove me to disaster.

Remove everything that reminds you of your ex. Put it all in a box and put it somewhere where you wont see it doing day to day things. Take every day at a time, nothing more. Dont think 6 months down and wonder if you will still be thinking about "the one", but rather concentrate on the present and things you can do to take your mind off things. I took to the gym and it was my salvation.

Whenever you think about the ex, say a rehersed line in your head. "I'm over you, get out of my life!!". At first i would say this 400 times a day, but it worked. As time went by it decreased. If you a sensative guy like me, you wont be able to remember all the bad things she or he did, but only the good things. This (unlike what i thought) IS NOT A CURSE!! Give it time and take every hour as it comes, and eventaully down the line something will just come to you and you will think "wow, i cant believe she did that" or "im glad i can do this now".

I am not healed, but im on my way. Hang in there everyone. As someone on this forum said to me, theres enough of us lonely souls out there, maybe one day we will bump into each other.

And the classic that helped me through many a lonely night - "If your going through hell... just keep going".

Keep safe my friends

absolutely beautiful

my ex trated me like dirt, walked all over me. whenever the going got tough, she ran for the hills. finally found a new guy and made new friends kicked me to the curb.

we dont need that crap in our life.

im still hurting too, glad to see you are healing

one day at a time like you said

Thanks for your replies! Its always good to know there are people out there you can confide in.

Keep going everyone whos hurting! Theres always people who are ready to take the time to listen to you and share the pain. Find these people and hold onto them forever!

You will, but as i said in my post, dont worry about trying to get here, trust me when i say it WILL happen. But put that thought out of your mind and concentrate on NOW. Make it to the end of the day mate, not to the end of the month (if that makes sense).

Im always here to talk, if you want to share experiences or just talk.