As time goes on.

Past few months have been really spastic.

I was content with life, things were going good, but I was starting to get lazy and returning to some old habits. Then, a huuuge kick in the *** came and I hit rock bottom.

But because of the fact that I did hit rock bottom, I got an even stronger desire to improve myself and get back to the top.

And now Im better than ever. I learned a few more things along the way. And I'm going to share some.

1. People that try to walk all over you, disrespect you and bring you down, are NOT worth your time. They can help you learn your own weaknesses, but that's it.

2. Emotions are the worst thing when it comes to making logical decisions. Said it before and I'll say it again. How you feel about something, is usually far from how things really are.

3. Actions speak louder than words. If people tell you one thing and then do something that totally contradicts it, then they lied to you.

4. People ALWAYS have an agenda. People will try to use you and manipulate you to get what they want from you. ALWAYS pay attention and question everything people tell you, because people will try to use you.

5. The only real way to learn a lesson, is to go out there and experience it. Some of the things I say now, if you would have told me before, I would not believe.

6. Alot of the "problems" you think you have, don't even exist. They exist only within your head because people tend to overthink and overanalyze things. So stop creating imaginary problems for yourself.

7. People that are good friend material are extremely hard to find. In order to see a person's true character, you need to give them power, and then see how they use it. Because sometimes people are nothing like you'd expect them to be.

I like this. Number 4 especially. Its very true that EVERYONE has some sort of agenda, its called "the self" although I would not necessarily use the terms "use" and "manipulate". Everyone tries to influence others in some form or another. Some outright, some passively. Its good you see this but try not to dwell on the negative aspects and just accept it as a normal part of nature.

7. People that are good friend material are extremely hard to find. In order to see a person's true character, you need to give them power, and then see how they use it. Because sometimes people are nothing like you'd expect them to be.

They are all excellent points. I really like this post.

Number 7 is my favorite. Reminds of that saying, now this isn't exactly how it goes but I'm sure someone will know what I am talking about "Give an inch and they'll take a mile."

The ones who don't - those are the keepers.

• 10 months later...