This has been completely summarised to few sentences I could write a whole page...

I try to talk to my dad but he just doesnt seem to help, I am currently having problems with my ex working on getting her back. My dad doesnt seem to understand my deep love for my ex. He gives me advice about it but it just doesnt seem to help, I think he tries to be understanding but he just doesnt get it. I try to tell him the whole story " I love her etc" but I feel like I cant because he just makes me feel worse about how my relationship with her has affected me and him (I have been sad lately) and I have been making long phone calls to friends for support. Which has led to my father complaining about phone bills and he doesnt understand why I have to make such long phone calls.

I try to make him understand but I just can't tell him the whole truth about why im sad and whats happening with my ex because I guess im scared about what he will say I know already that he dislikes my ex because she has affected me emotionally and he thinks that our relationship b4 was unhealthy (well we were quite intense). Also I wish I could make him understand, I know he tries to help but he just seems to make me feel worse about my relationship with my ex (which I think we might be getting back together soon). I dont know what to do... I respect my dad and I just wish I could make him understand...

Anything would be helpful

Well, you father is seemingly going to have a different perspective than you because he's an 'outsider' looking in. I'm sure he's been through plenty of relationships himself, and he should have some advice that you should heed. I don't think that he's being unsupportive, it's just that you explained to him the situation and he gave you the opinion that you asked for.

You can't go through life bottling things up just because you're afraid of what other people may think or say. So if you have to get it out, then sit down with your Dad and do more explaining to him.

Also, of course he's upset about the phone bill. Just because you broke up with your ex does not constitute him having to pay for the enormous amounts of time that you may spend on his phone.

What do I do about the long phone call to friends and my ex? I constantly need to talk to her or my supportive friends, one of them is overseas at the moment and I frequently call him to ask for advice. Im scared of the phone bill coming and my dad just told me off about it saying he doesnt have the money for this and hes getting to the point where he'll cut me off completely from the telephone. Neither my ex or my best friend has access to the internet or email etc other than a phone and i am just constantly calling although im trying to cut down.

What do I do? Im scared of upsetting my dad but the phone calls are helping me a lot...