Only around his parents he acts this way....

I was on the phone with my boyfriend yesterday and he said he had to get off the phone and so I told him that I love and miss him and he said, "Ok yeah, same here"?!?! I heard his parents in the backround yapping about something. What I don't understand is, whenever his parents are around, he tries to get me off the phone as soon as possible?!? So my question is...He just refuses to say, "I love you and miss you" to me when the rents are present. Why?????????

...so confused.

Maybe his from a strict family? And they do not like the idea of him having a girlfriend? SO his tryign to keep you and them pleased at the same time-whic will end up frustrating to you.

Maybe he is also embarrassed to say he loves and misses you not because his embarrassed of you and not from sayign it but his worried his parents will tease him for it?

Hope that's some help.

Lisa x x x

a friend of mine thinks he is being shallow and she mentioned that he needs to grow up a bit...eh, who knows.

I don't agree with your friend, I'd act the same way your boyfriend does when my family's around. I just wouldn't be comfortable when they're around.

I personally, even being older now, still hate to say I love you, or sappy things on the phone in front of my parents, or even my siblings..

I don't even care to carry on a conversation on the phone in front of my family with my significant other.

It's not rude I don't think it's just something I haven always done, and he might be the same way. He might like to keep his personal business from his family.

I didn't grow up in a very "open" house. I was free to do as I wanted, but we never shared our love lives openly with our parents or amongst each other(siblings).. However, as we all got older, we're open enough to talk about sex to our parents and laugh about subjects that used to be odd.

Personally, I'd suggest that you not get angry over this. It's a little disheartening, I know, but making a big deal out of him not telling you he loves you on the phone because his parents are around, certainly isn't worth a fight, nor the effort. If you love him, let him be comfortable. He's not shallow, he just doesn't feel comfortable expressing that infront of family and thats more than acceptable, and I think you should be more accomodating of the fact.

I don't even say things like that around my parents. I'm not open to them, which is why. If he's not open to his parents about a lot of things, it's probably a factor.

What you're wanting him to say is kind of hard for some guys to say.

Sure, it's not hard for some, but it is for others, and that could be why, too.

Just be content with the fact that he says it at all, and don't worry about his parents being around.

I think as long as his parents know you are together, then there's nothing to worry about. It's not like he's trying to hide your relationship.