which way is better and why

So I met this girl and some heavy flirting went on (teasing, touching, lots of eye contact, etc.). Now I want to ask her out but an acquaintance of mine (not someone I hang out with often) mentioned she has a BF (she never told me about any BF nor was there any mention). One thing I noted was that I gave her my email so she can send me some of the poems she wrote (we're both into poems) about a month ago but she never emailed me but the flirting still went on nevertheless. I never reminded her about it since we're both busy with school. I'm not heavily pursuing her and have been avoiding being on her friendzone (I never tolerated any disrespect from her if any at all). She's usually the one who approaches me first but I also do it at times.

So my qustion is should I ask just ask her out straight or should I directly ask if she has a BF first?

If she does tell me she has a BF should I tell her something like "Oh, I would have never thought you had a BF. Sometimes you act like you don't." The reason why I would want to say such a thing is that I want to let her realize that I KNOW that she was leading me on and I don't appreciate that. Should I tell her this if she has a BF or would I come accross as a sore loser???

hey,

I would just ask her out and make sure she knows is a "date". And hope if she is a good person she wouldn't cheat on her boyfriend if she has one.

But, as you can tell from my post, some people don't enjoy the "straight forwarding" style. And as time pass by, somehow I think more and more people like the "unsure"

I'd ask her out straight but it doesn't guarantee she'll tell you about her bf if she has one. And yeah, you probably have the right to be a peeved if she's been leading you on but I agree with Tigris, you'll look more mature if you just said ok and walked away. Good luck!