1 month anniversary, should I buy her present if so what?

Massari

What about 4 roses (each a different colour) for each week you've been together? I think she would like that.

But maybe most importantly, a card too... write something nice (how you feel or how she makes you feel or what you think about your time with her so far), or find a poem if you're lost for words.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just wanted to add my opinion on this matter--I know the original poster broke up with his girl (and I'm sorry about that).

I met my girl through link removed

She's 25 while I'm 34. Things has definitely moved fast. The original poster's first post is almost exactly what I'm going through right now however I have experience and so does the girl I'm with.

We're both ready for marriage, and we both understand the superficial stuffs in life is not what bonds us together but the spiritual commitment and values we share; and not to mention we are attracted to one another.

So, with that in mind, I perfectly understand what others are suggesting to you but no matter what you get your GF/fiance/wife, so long as it comes from the heart it doesn't matter the size, amount of $$$, # of roses, etc.

For example, I got her a Blackberry Bold phone on Christmas 2008. I went around and asked friends and co-workers what they thought of me buying her this gift. I got tons of different responses. The last thing I wanted to make her feel is that she was obligated to give me a gift of equal value. But in the end, I with what my heart was telling me to get her; and so I got her the phone. When I presented it to her, I told her in advance that I would hope that she didn't feel obligated and that I wanted to get her something I felt she deserved. Let me tell you, the look of excitement on her face was definitely worth it.

People reading this is probably saying, "Well, of course!!! You got her a phone. Anyone would be!" But the truth of the matter is, YOU, not anyone here or anywhere, and not even me, can tell you what to do or not to do. It is something you will have to learn on your own. But we can give you advice based on our own experience but understand all relationships are not the same, as we all are not the same. One thing I would suggest is to follow what your heart is telling you to do but do it with OPEN eyes. I did what I did because I've had several relationships and this one is different in every means. Yes, we're only going on one month (known her for 2 months) but I am hoping and praying this is the one. And if not, I will not regret anything. Each relationship is different and I will treat it that way. And I guess that's what I meant by experience - learning from my mistake but not treating it the same way.

In the end, she told me she's never received such a gracious thoughtful gift. Just last week, we went on a trip and stayed at fancy hotel that cost $270 a night (we stayed for 3 days/2 nights) which she paid for. We don't let money get in the way of our relationship, and we don't agrue who's paying for what. We do as it comes.

For our one month anniversay gift I plan on making a flip book, and draw in there stick figures of how we met and the hard times we've gone through learning about each other, and where we are now - HAPPY.

See? I went from buying an expensive gift to something simple. $$$, #s, etc. don't matter. Follow your heart with open eyes! If she's that special and that understanding whatever you get her or not get her or tell/show her she will LOVE you that much more!

That's my .02 cents.

• 4 months later...

Yeah i just got my first official girlfriend and Iv dated alot b4 but i never found the one i actually might love. Iv been official for 3 weeks now and its bout to be our one month anniversary on saturday. She has alrdy told me she loved me and took her 3 hours to tell me.. she kept saying stuff like nvm or nothing nothing but then saying " but if i dont spit it out now its gonna bother me soo much" and she finally told me. I told her i love her back too ofcourse. and 2 and a half weeks into the relationship i got my first kiss with her and stuff and i think im in love too.( plus we made out like 3 times later on that day) i think im moving too fast too?? And for one month anniversary wat should i do? i was thinking of writing this letter thing showing her 100 reasons y i love her and then maybe 1 rose to go along with it? is that good? or should i save that for another time? and one more question. i hear ur supposed to have a anniversary each month?? i was thinking we celebrate first month but then later after that every 3 month we celebrate a 3 month anniversary is that ok? or should i just stick with that every month anniversary thing? cuz i thought if u do it every month the girl might get bored or soemthing and u might run outta ideas

hello all.. wow i forgot about this thread! completely! anthonypangs and Nosepicker I am glad that you guys are happy. Nosepiker you seemed to me way more experienced then me at that time and even now you are still more experienced.. One piece of advise do what you feel its right but do it at the right moment . You probably heard your friend telling you that buying her a BB is too fast and too much bla bla bla for her and you guys don't know each other that well yet but you did it and you know you did the right thing cause you are experienced and you picked the right time.

Anthonypangs:

I don't know you old you and your gf are but maybe its best if you try to slow it down just a noutch I am telling you think because i started a relationship like this and it ended in a month after. i don't want this happening to you.

Ghost:

if you are reading this .. thank you mate for all the support in my rediculous relationship situations! i think finally I am getting a hang of it of how to be in a relationship and what to do. I am dating this girl now.. she is 19 but i know what to do now so wish me luck!

cheers to all of you. 3 years passed by since and I LEARNED SO MUCH since then. got hurt and moved on with my life with lots of experience but I don't think its ever enough.

Archived