I'll try to keep this short =)

Basically, there's a very pretty girl in on of my art classes. Today, I passed her while heading to class and she looked at me and gave a little smile. Later, during class I caught her looking at me a few times. Most of the class left and a few us stayed to work on projects, including her and I. I finally worked up the ambition to talk to her, I just asked her how she was doing on her project. We were in there for about an hour and we talked to each other a few more times, always about our projects or about the machinery (it's kind of a wood-working class). Anyway, when she left she smiled and said, "Cya." and I said likewise.

It's only a one-day-a-week class and next week the professor said there won't officially be class, but we can come in and work on stuff if we want.

This girl is very pretty and I definitely get the impression that she's interested in me. She seems kind of insecure about her appearance, but I don't see why. She's also a little bit shy, but not as shy as some people I know.

Anyways, the point is that I probably won't see her too many more times in the semester. I'm probably going to show up next week just to see if she's there. After that there's one regular class period left and then it's exam week.

I might only have one chance to talk to her again, and I don't want to screw it up. Should I ask her on a date or for her number or something like that or should I just try to talk to her more and get to know her better? A lot of times I get the impression that a girl is interested in me, but I screw it up by not making a move. Also, there's the little voice in the back of my head that always reminds me that the whole thing might just be my imagination and maybe she's not at all interested in me.

I appreciate any advise.

if you don't ask you'll never know. Be confident. Walk up to her after class next time and just be like "hey, you should let me take you to dinner sometime"... be very forward and blunt. Thats what I like anywayz, a guy that's not afraid to put himself out there... someone that dosen't even think about getting rejected even though I know it always crosses their mind when they're asking someone out. Just ask her! Otherwise, you'll kick yourself later cuz you'll never know if she really did like you or not. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I'll be able to muster up the courage to just ask her. But until then the problem is the waiting. It's the waiting that gets to me. I need to distract myself so I'm not constantly thinking about the situation. And even when I'm not thinking about it directly, I still have that feeling in my chest--the hope and inspiration and anticipation. It's going to be a long week.