Love conquers all

Hope... I noticed the same thing regarding the difference in age and experience and answers given.

Recently I heard from 2 different people about the propensity of young militaty bound individuals getting having a NEED to be married. Scratching my head.. why??? answer given... "a reason to stay alive" Ok.. I'll by that.. if it works for you. Personally... I kinda like it here, and living in my skin... and thats all the reason I need.

ok to answer the question for myself.....

I'm afraid I fall on the side of the jaded. Its not the end all to be all. And I say that from my personal field of experience.

My question is.. what is it??? Give me a definition of "LOVE"

Alright, I think it does conquer all, for the precise moment in time when it is occurring. And that is enough. That is more than enough.

I eat, and I have to eat again. Same with sleep, entertainment and everything else in life. Not even matter itself will survive the ravages of time, why should love?

I think it is best when you realize it is one of the most dramatic, intoxicating things that can happen to you — and enjoy it while it is happening.

If your lucky, it will come around again, when you are ready.

And trust me, I am not 19. I am just wrapping up a painful divorce and there is always hope. And my friend time.

Thanks Shadows, but don't get me started on Love. I can not explain why, but I have always had faith in love, even when it has disapointed me. I have had my heart broken and I have broken a few, but I would not undo any of it. It has been worth every ache and every sleepless night. I have no doubts about love, it has conquered me.

Yes Hope, those of us who are 30 or over have been jilted too many times and are jaded, pessimsitic and have lost our passion for idealism.

Not sure at what age I received my slap to the face by the icy hand of reality but it reeked of the slap to the behind from the Dr. on the actual day of my birth.

Just been slapped around too many times to still believe love conquers all. Doesn't conquer the slappers who are bent on slapping down the hopes and dreams of the idealistic...

Just been slapped around too many times to still believe love conquers all. Doesn't conquer the slappers who are bent on slapping down the hopes and dreams of the idealistic...

I think 'love conquers all' to be idealistic - but even if true I think it is supposed to be a love that is reciprocated.