How about you call her with a nice cute little nickname instead? that would distinguish it a bit more, plus be something between the two of you! You don't have to tell her WHY really!

Fortunately my brother's name is pretty rare for men in this part of the world at least, but I have met many whom shared my father's or uncle's names!

I don't think I have ever been weirded out by it though, but I can see why you might be.

Don't use it as a reason not to get to know someone you might really like though and have something great with!

I don't think the name thing should be an issue.

I mean, when you get to know her more you're obviously not going to think of your sister when you say her name. You'll naturally kind of group her and your sister separate.

It could be worse. I met my ex's sister 2-3 months into the relationship and she was, no word of a lie, almost a splitting image of him with long hair and breasts...I was so grossed out.

I don't think it's weird to put off a relationship without because of the name. If someone I was with had a name I didn't like I'd just try to stay friends with that person. I can't imagen spending the rest of my life with someone who had a name I didn't like.....but who knows, maybe I'd learn to live with it.....I'm talking about myself again aren't I? Well, anyways, don't think you're weird, I'm sure there's a lot of people who'd do what you did.

It could be worse. I met my ex's sister 2-3 months into the relationship and she was, no word of a lie, almost a splitting image of him with long hair and breasts...I was so grossed out.

LOL!

Staying on topic though, I get weirded out when I find out someone I'm interested in's name is the same as my brother or dad...but I've yet to actually date one...it would be kind of weird, but I think you could definitely get over it.

Mystik this is extremely irrational and immature. Your soul mate may have passed you by because of your stupidity.

Eaaaasy, there. She just said it's kind of weird, just like the OP. She also said she could get over it. No need to be mean.

I think this one has really done the rounds by now. I think there's people about with much more serious problems than this.

Yeah, what's the deal? If we can have a PERFUME thread, we can sure as heck have an "Isn't this weird" thread. If you dislike it, don't post anymore and it will die faster.

Thanks for trivializing my issues bro

I don't see it as a barrier to a relationship. One of my cousins-in-law is married to a girl with the same name as his sister and they're very happy.

I didn't want to hiss you but when you've been on these boards for a few years and you've read a few cases of cheating and abuse, you'll see what I mean.

I'm not happy with my weight but if it was the only problem I had in life, I'd be really happy.

I don't see it as a barrier to a relationship. One of my cousins-in-law is married to a girl with the same name as his sister and they're very happy.

I didn't want to hiss you but when you've been on these boards for a few years and you've read a few cases of cheating and abuse, you'll see what I mean.

I'm not happy with my weight but if it was the only problem I had in life, I'd be really happy.

He wasn't saying he wouldn't date anyone with the same name as his sis, mom, etc...he just asked if anyone else thought it was kind of weird. I don't think he posted it as a "problem" but as a question.

This is off topic, but I think you are way off the mark. Just because my *problems* don't rate high on your personal scale doesn't mean they aren't any less important.

I know that things can be worse (like say living in Sierra Leon and having my arms cut-off); but that doesn't mean that the stuff I deal with is trivial.

Don't come here and tell me to get a grip because I'm some how lucky because I could be dealing with real problems, like cheating (my ex-wife cheated on me) or abuse (my parents were abusive)--both of which you could find out by reading some of my prior posts, because you're just being a jerk, and that attitude isn't welcome here.

But you did hiss at him, didn't you? Your first post was on March 10, 2006, Momene. For how many years have you been on this board, exactly?

Sorry, melrich. Late night temper flare.

What's also weird, LostInMyThoughts, is when you have a friend or s/o who has the same name as your PET. LOL. It's kinda hard to explain to somebody that you think their name is a really good dog's name.