confused about my feelings for a guy

So I think I like this guy, and I think he likes me back. I don't want to go into details, but we met & flirted I guess, and then a couple months went by, and he forgot my name, and didn't seem to recognize me (Although I was wearing my hair different and different clothes). I was kind of put off that he forgot me, so I remained friendly to him and all when I had to see him, but I didn't expect anything out of it. And now he seems like he's into me. Once he waved at me from a distance, and the other day he approached me to see how I was doing--with a lot of eye contact.

And now I can't even tell if I like him back. I feel good when I talk to him, and I smile a lot...but I'm so used to being independent (without a boyfriend or much attention from guys) that I am also scared.

It also bothers me that he didn't recognize me...although I guess I looked different.

What's your advice?

Just take it slow so I can ease into it?

Did I just answer my own question?...but feedback would still be great. Thanks.

Thanks for responding (so fast).

....Well when I said take it slow, I meant just keep doing what we are doing--talking every so often (we do see each other every so often)....Yes I see your point though, I will start showing my interest in him.

I know you never know until you try, and I'm going to try...I'm just a lil scared, b/c like I said, I'm so used to being independent.

Maybe I chose the wrong word, but when I said I'm so used to being independent, I meant I'm so used to not thinking about guys or if they like me and such.

Well that is a different thing. How long do you want that to last? Five years? Ten? All your life?

Point taken.

I think what I need is for someone to smack me on the head and tell me he likes me (or he doesn't like me).

What you really need is for him to tell you. But for him to do that he needs some encouragement. So, my original advice stands: flirt with him a little,

Well before I was walking by him, and said "Hey" and he replied but I could tell he didn't know who I was. I did look different I guess.

I know there are holes in the story, but this is the world wide web and all...his mother could be reading this for all I know (ok. maybe not his mother).

I noticed that my situation is kind of like Starlet's,