is this being too forward?

hey guys!

hopefully im going to go an a walk with a girl i really like. i would like to surprise her by preparing a picnic but i dont know if thats being too forward. ive known her 4 a few months now and know i like, i know shes comfortable around me. what do u think? also what ways can i subtly let her know i like her?

thanx!

I think a picnic is a great idea. Just say "we may grab something to eat." That way if she thinks you may stop by somewhere for a bite she won't eat before your walk.

I think a picnic is a great indicator that you like her. If you're taking the time and effort for this I would hope she would have a clue you liked her.

Good Luck!!

Hey swordfish

A picnic is a great idea! Very romantic, but also a nice way to sit, relax and chat over food. I don't see it as being forward, you've known each other for 4 months, probably shared coffee, so a picnic seems like a natural progression

Ways you could subtly let her know you like her... I'd get her talking about herself, her achievements, what she enjoys doing etc and then pick up on something you admire and casually say "I really like that about you" or you could make light of the picnic by saying "I wasn't sure if this was a good idea, I didn't want you to think I was being forward, I just thought it would be fun" hopefully she'll say she loved the idea!

Yeah, I still remember that day. We went hiking on a local trail in the afternoon. I brought a backpack with some cheese, crackers, grapes, sausage, and a bottle of wine in it. We did a nice hike up to a quiet area, she had a blanket, we sat down, talked, drank wine, watched the sunset, and hiked back. And that was our first date. We dated for a while after that.

The thing is, I've found that if a woman is really interested in you, you needn't worry so much about doing all the "right" things. If that's the case, more than anything, she'll probably just be happy spending time with you. Just like if you were crazy about someone. You probably wouldn't care so much about going to a coffee shop or a monster truck rally so as long you were with her.

So don't sweat so much trying to find the "perfect" date. Just find something you both would enjoy and be yourself...

Way too serious. This is the kinda stuff you do with a girl you're seriously dating. Just the walk and talking is fine. If you find something fun like an ice cream stand or pass by a fruit market and pick up a couple of items that's fine. This kind of picnic thing with wine and all will scare most girl's off.

I know you've known her for a while, but this is you starting to escalate things romantically and it must be done delicately with tact.