i have no friends!!

hi well my boyfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago. i decided that i'm not going to sit at home and i want to get back out there. problem i have no friends.

2 months ago my best friend moved to england to live with her husband my only other single girlfriend moved to go to school in buffalo, and all my other friends are married and never go out. i tried setting up a couple night outs with them but they canceled each time.

my ex is a co-worker and i have no desire to party with my co-workers outside of work. they are all younger and all they do is party not what i want to do anymore. there are a few there that i will go to the occasional movie with but they have a life outside of our job.

i know people tell me to sign up for classes i like or some hobby i like to meet new people, but because of my work schudule i can't do that.

so my question is how do i meet some new people for friends? guys and girls the last 2 weeks i have spent everynight at home and i want to go out!!

My first suggestion was going to be to go out with coworkers, but you mentioned that they are not your type of crowd. I might still suggest going out al least once to see how it goes if you haven't already.

Secondly, I do not believe that your work completely restricts you from taking up a hobby or joining a class. This can be a great thing. It gets you out of the house, hopefully to learn or do something you enjoy, and you can meet other people. Try it.

Lastly, internet dating sites are used by many people now. It might seem a little weird at first, but I know many people who have met either good friends or mates because of these sites.

Best

yeah by this age everyone has there groups of friends, so i am at a loss as to what to do!! if i had the time and the interest in certain things to take a class i would but im a server so my work schudule changes every week and i work days and nights so its really hard to make a commitment like that when im not sure if i will be able to get to it.

thanks for the suggestions, the co workers is definitly a no go i used to hang out with them all a bit not my thing anymore anyways and my EX does that with them now! so im not sure i want to be hanging around when hes there esp right now

having no friends is difficult...i have a handful, but not much more. i'd start finding some hobbies, and see if there are social groups in your neighborhood. take a class, join a gym, maybe just go out by yourself even.online dating is ok, but there is some awkwardness to it as well. there are usually expectations on someone's part.

go to church.