Hi,

In the next year or two (haven't set a definitive date yet) I will be getting married. I want to give my fiancee the wedding of her dreams, because she means the world to me. Money isn't an option, but I must decide soon so I can start saving. I have three choices: A traditional wedding here in our hometown, where both families come, reception, etc. A weeklong trip to Italy where we get married in one of those really old cathedrals. Or a weeklong trip to Hawaii to get married on a beach somewhere. The latter two do not include the honeymoon. I want this to be the best day of her life and I just can't choose! The first one I already ruled out, because I want us to be married alone, without familial distractions, because that is what it's all about. Basically, I want to plan an unorthodox wedding in some exotic place. Any thoughts?

She knows you are going to get married, right? So why not ask her what the wedding of her dreams is? You can put those as options, but let her choose what it is she wants. I think many girls dream about their wedding day and plan out how they want it to go. So she probably already has ideas in her mind. I get that you probably want to surprise her and make it romantic for her, but let her have a say in the choice. Work together, and you can make it the perfect wedding.

And even though it doesn't really mean anything, I like the beach wedding idea. Saying I do on the sand as the water hits the shore and the sun is slowly fading......

The first one I already ruled out, because I want us to be married alone, without familial distractions, because that is what it's all about.

If this is to be her dream wedding as well, have you asked her if she'd like her family there or prefer that you be alone?

all three options sound very nice, but I know at least for me part of my dream wedding is to have my dad walk me down the aisle to for me to profess my love for my partner in front of everyone that we love.

What are her thoughts on this?

Hope,

If I remember correctly from a past post, her family isn't very supportive and loving towards her. Think the plan they had was to get her away from them as soon as she hits 18. So there is a good chance she doesn't want them there. But I agree, the choice should entirely be hers and she should be asked what she wants.

Oh, so many replies! Of course I told her. I learned a long time ago that I can't keep any secrets from her. I need permission form the boss before we start planning though . It's not limited to Hawaii and Italy, those are just my favorites. Anyplace exotic, though I believe our heart is set on Hawaii. ShySoul is exactly right in his assessment. I don't want certain people at my wedding (due to certain circumstances), so the only way to make it fair is to not invite my friends and family either. The more I thought about it, the more I love the idea of getting married on a private beach somewhere, alone, no distractions.

image removed

image removed