I don't know if you're a guy or girl, but either way you should be honest with the person about what you want. I personally think FWB is really tough to pull off cause both the ppl have to be in the right mindset and emotionally ok with it. Even then, there's a risk of you or them getting hurt. Is casual sex really what you want??

Is casual sex really what you want??

It has really helped me to get over my ex...I had been so distraught about my ex...and not feeling attractive etc....and then this happened with someone I know....right now I would totally want a FWB..because I know him....I wouldn't want a casual thing with some guy I met at the bar...it felt really awesome...I would like have that "option"there if I want it...I also know that FWB can get confusing....but after coming off something...it feels great to think about someone other than the ex....I have know idea where this will go..but for now I am enjoying it....

any FWB stories post them here!

I did FWB. It was really bad for me personally. Eventually it turned itno a really dyfunctional relationship b/c I fell for him (trust me, I never intended to) and he liked having me around (for a while). I was really inexperienced at the time though. I had sex with him (and hooked up with other guys) to feel attractive, too. In the long run it didn't work for me. That's just me though. I think there's a danger in using sex and another guy to get over someone else. In the end, no matter how physically pleasing it was, I just wanted intimacy and affection. He gave it to me for a while, but he never gave enough.

But if that's what you want, he'll probably be up for it. guys generally are. good luck. ya never know, sometimes these things work out really well.

Friends with benefits don't work out in the end and you just end up hurt. It is a nice distraction from the pain you are feeling over a breakup, but it isn't really addressing anything. Essentially, you are using a person to feel better yourself, and that isn't what sex should be about. The emotional aspect is too strong, and feelings will develop. Or you will feel guilty. But either way, it doesn't work.