wondering if it's worth it

Well, I'm finishing up my 2nd year at university and will study abroad next spring. I've come a remarkably long way this year with regards to being social and interacting with women and approaching them, which I'm very happy with, but still don't have a significant other. I know well the strains long distances can put on a relationship, especially new ones. I know looking for a relationship doesn't get you one but I guess I don't feel it makes sense even thinking about one now, at least not until I come back.

I don't mean that, of course, because I'd worry about temptation. Heck, I'd never cheat and one-night stands arent my bag at all. I just wouldn't want to find something and then lose it for a semester. I guess there's also the issue of next summer being my planned European Adventure of Self-Discovery.

Does what I'm saying make any sense to any of you? Got any ideas on the subject?

I wouldn't "look for a relationship" but continue to do as you're doing. You seem to be doing fine. Just let the other person/people know what's going on and see what develops. You never know. No reason to even think about it. But yeah, I wouldn't approach someone with that intent.

I'd say (and I am a little bit of a fatalist) that you'll find a serious relationship when the time comes, and it's probably not the time if you are going to be traveling for half a year.

Have fun with people, don't expect too much, and let the other people know not to expect too much.

As young as you are (I'm not much older), if you chose to get into a relationship, it couldn't last through so much separation, so you'd be setting yourself up for heartbreak.

You don't find relationships, relationships find you. They come when you are not looking and take you by surprise. So many try to find it, worry and stress about it, and then end up sad and lonely because it never works out. But when you are just happy being you and living your own life, doing the things you love, being your true and authentic self, that is when you are at your best and love flows to you.

If you don't feel like you want a relationship now, then you shouldn't have a relationship now. Don't think that you have to have one. Just be happy to be doing your own thing. When its right, it will happen.