looking for hope...

I have a question:

Has anyone out there lost the person they thought was their soulmate, and then later found a new love that was even better than the last?

I have lost the person who I thought (and still think) was my true love. I'm still devastated, after 6 months. I don't know if I'm going to get over this. I also can't imagine where I would meet someone new. I'm not ready for another relationship by any means, but I do worry that I will never feel that spiritual connection again.

I feel the same way lulu. It's going to be a while before I can trust love again and probably even longer before I find someone worthy of loving and even longer before someone finds me worthy. I like that quote that keeps popping up over and over again..."If you are going through hell, keep going!" Seems apropos.

well...love comes when you at least expect it...when your not looking for it and not thinking about it. Most likely when you DON"T want it. All you can do is go with the flow. I've been with out my ex fiance for 6 months now...and I do Love him very much still. I am dating other but its no where close to the same...maybe the ex will come back...then again I may find some one new...Best of luck keep your eyes open

okay, lets think about this logically... how many people are there out in the world... (6 billion... prolly more) Now what are the chances that, that 1 person you found was you'rone and only soulmate!? 6 billion to 1.... You may have felt a strong connection between each other, but there is no way that he could possibly be the only guy out there for you! its just ridiculous!

Oh yes,

I ended a relationship a while back with someone I thought for sure was my soul mate... THE ONE... you know. Turns out I found out some things about him that made me realize it wasn't so and I ended it. I was still hurting tremendously and couldn't shake that feeling I had that he was the one.

BUT.... after a long hard year of getting over him (we were together for 2 years), I began dating again and after not too long I met my present bf, whom I've been with for over 3 years now and with whom I am best friends and have a wonderful, healthy, honest, happy and respectful relationship. With him I feel I have a real partner... someone I can count on through thick and thin to be there and to love me as much as I love him.

I think that if I had not ended my previous relationship with my ex, I never would have had the opportunity to meet my current bf. I actually bumped into my ex about a month ago after 5 years of not seeing one another. Though it was nice to catch up with him, I felt nothing in terms of wishing things had ended up differently, only happiness that I had found something truly special with my present bf.

I feel things worked out this way for a reason, and I am truly grateful.

Continue to work on yourself. Im still fresh from the battle but I'm getting a glimpse of where I want to be. When you get to the point where youre 100% content with or without a special someone you will have arrived and are healed. Armed with the knowledge that you can take it or leave it you will shine with confidence. You will see red flags immediately ans stay clear. healthy men will be attracted...trust me scum bags like to prey on vunerable women..

think about this... if you didnt feel the pain that would have meant you didnt really love....

I'm not that fond of country but Garth hit it on the head.......

Looking back on the memory of

The dance we shared beneath the stars above

For a moment all the world was right

How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance