Should I be worried yet...?

Kimmikazi

Ok, I'm getting very worried...

I started the pill last month (Christmas)... which was the Sunday after I got my period, since I had gotten it the Monday before (6 days later)...The first day that I started the pill, me and my boyfriend had sex and didn't use the pull out method. I went to the gyno the next morning to question when the pill was effected, and our ignorance got the best of us...it takes 1 full cycle of pills. So, for the past couple weeks we've been pulling out etc. Now, the the past 3 days we haven't pulled out and he came inside...which is fine(so we think) because I started my placebo(sugar pills) 3 days ago...

Question is..Wasn't I supposed to get my period the DAY I start the placebo pills..? I still haven't gotten it, and that would mean I'm 3 days late. We're both trying not to get too stressed, but it is concerning.

Any advice please

Thanks!!

I'm afraid i dont know the exact day you should get your period but just felt i should mention that pulling out is a pretty useless method of contraception in any circumstance. Pre-cum contains sperm and you could easily fall pregnant even if he doesnt actually finish inside you. You would be best to go to see the doctor straight away because the more you stress and worry the more you might delay the period anyway. Try not to worry too much now though - starting the pill can confuse your body and it can take a while to regulate. Good luck - just be brave and see the doctor to put both your minds at ease.

No you don't get it the DAY you start sugar pills as it takes time for the hormones to leave your system and spur on the "period" (it's a false period not a true one).

I usually start mine 3-4 days after my last hormonal pill. Your cycle is changing due to the pills, so you are not technically "late" as it is a false cycle created by the hormones from the pills...you won't know what's normal for you until you have been taking it three or four months.

It is also possible to skip a period now and then while on the pill. If you are concerned you can take a pregnancy test though within the next couple days, it should be fairly accurate at this point. I suggest you take it, since you have not been safe in the last month despite warnings (pull out method even has a risk if the pills had not or HAD become effective yet).

Remember, even the pill is with "real life use" 95-99% effective...pretty good unless you end up in that 1-5%...and I know many whom do. So unless you are truly ready to handle an oops, I would suggest you use condoms still (and not the pull out method which is not really a method at all...).

No, you probably wont get it the day you start the last week of pills. I have 3 weeks worth of active pills, and a weeks worth of inactive pills. I do not get my period until the friday (the third to last pill in the pack) and it only lasts until sunday, if that. Good luck

It's not uncommon for your period not to start immediately. What birth control are you on? Most state that unless you have missed 5+ days, you have nothing to worry about. If after 5 days you show no signs of getting your period, take a home pregnancy test. You may be pregnant or you may be skipping a period, which is common when on birth control. If the test comes out positive, go get a blood test done because home tests can be wrong occasionally.

Keep us updated!