A real quick question....Is it wrong for a girl to have fun...and not settle down. For example, a friend of mine just got her confidence back from bad relationships and now wants to have fun and not commit to anyone. Im not talking about sex, but like going out with a guy, hanging out, kissing...but thats it!

What do you think...Is this skanky?

The modern, politically correct, man in me says "She's a woman and can do what she wants - if men can do it why can't women?"

At the same time the reality is that most guys would have a hard time being with a girl who has 'been around'. But it doesn't sound like your friend is sleeping with anyone - so I don't see any harm.

It's good she's getting back her confidence - I just hope she doesn't hurt people in the process of her fun....

Define Skanky??? I guess I don't like that adjective.

Pigeon holing with a label because she's starting to LIVE isn't very nice.

She's a right to make her own choices in life. And going out, having a good time, without any ties... I'd say she's been there before and for now... she knows what she wants. No ties that bind.

personally, i don't think this is such a problem. She is feeling liberated right now, and this kind of decision is totally normal...but likely not what will end up happening. You really can't control love - and going out with a guy, hanging out, having fun, with no strings or sex, is the perfect way to get into a relationship that is actual meaningful. Girls often get confused in thinking that playing with guys with no noticeable emotion is liberating - keeping ppl at a distance is a cold world to live in. Breaking hearts isn't a good way to gain confidence. I guess you'll have to see.

hmmm, true true...everyone has good points. Im not going to stop her, I saw her before and she is so happy, she feels good about herself and this is a big improvement from a few weeks ago.

Im concerned for her reputation, she says shes gonna keep things quiet. She doesnt want a relationship but she wants to 'see' guys!

Its not wrong, and shes going to let the guys know, shes not going to pull them along or 'lead them on'

This is the right thing to do in this situation....isnt it?

Shes really happy, she saw her ex bf and didnt care!! she was so confident, a few weeks ago she would have ran crying, today she played it really cool. Im liking her better now, its changing for the best, shes not letting people chose what they think is good for her, especailly in relationships (in this case it was the guys ordering her around and she was being abused).

Pretty normal I think after coming out of a relationship that was stifling in some ways, or going through the grieving process.

It sounds like she is having fun, and not ready to rush into something. Far better then rebounding in my opinion.

She sounds like she is open to dating, just not getting serious, and as long as she is UPFRONT about that, and is careful about being promiscuous, she has every right to date, and take her time. When she is ready for something more serious, she will know.

It is not WRONG for someone to not want to settle down....relationships are not what define whom we are..and you should not settle just to be in one. As long as she is not misleading anyone, she has every right to take her time and not get serious at this point in her life.