Where to meet guys?

I've realized that I don't know that many guy actually. It dawned on me that I just have no idea where to meet guys. I work almost entirely with woman. Any ideas as to where I could put myself into a target rich environment? I'm more on the shy side, I'm not into internet dating or clubbing. I feel really stumped.

Thanks,

Jules

Take a night class

Volunteer at a hospital

Join a co-ed sports team

Start attending sports events - most men love sports or at least like them

Start frequenting somewhere else for lunch - make sure it's a public place. I know an attorney who met his now wife, all because they were eating in the same restaurant.

Thats funny. You are a shy women looking for the guys. And I'm a shy guy looking for the women. It sure is a funny thing that it seems like an impossible task to both of us to meet other people. Especially when the world pobulation is over 6 Billion! I think both of us must be blind to miss that!

Anyway... There is lots of guys at classic car shows

...............Lots of guys in school/college

...............Oh yea, they are present in everyday life too... At the grocery store, gas station, and lots of other places.

Good Luck.

If you're from orange county california and between the ages 28 and 20, I would not mind taking you out for a night. I live in Laguna Niguel so I am always out that the local pubs shooting pool or playing darts.

Hit me up if ya want!!!

How old are you ??

Go for drinks to a sports bar with some of the single gals from work. If there's a sporting event, then show up around the time it's finishing up...

In fact, go out every weekend if you can with a group of women.

Join a tennis or golf club, take some lessons--there-- if you don't know how to play.

Join a gym and go after work.

Go to specialty events, such as model airplane, model trains, collectibles sales and if it includes technological gadgets..even better.

Thats funny. You are a shy women looking for the guys. And I'm a shy guy looking for the women. It sure is a funny thing that it seems like an impossible task to both of us to meet other people. Especially when the world pobulation is over 6 Billion! I think both of us must be blind to miss that!

Ahaha, that's so funny you say that, I think about it all the time. Don't you wish people had signs over their heads stating "single, shy, nice guy/girl." And I wish all the jerks had a sign over their head stating "don't date me!"

Strange world it is.

jsip, no where near Orange county, it's just one of my favorite movies

I as a guy like to go to bookstores like borders, grocery stores to buy food, play basketball, go window shopping at shopping centers, go to school (best one with lots of women for me and guys for you).

I am sure you will lots of guys your age at the places I attend. I know you aren't into internet dating, but myspace is full of guys and you can search by your city, and I am sure if you can just say hi to them, that some of them will respond back.

have fun

Orange,

What chai and mun said. Definitely try the sports route, golf or tennis are the best. You're outnumbered by guys, you get to know them a little and if you're attractive you'll have too many to count. Also, it's healthy to get involved in sports.

The best place hands down that I have found to meet men is at texas hold 'em tournaments. I'm talking the mecca of men. Short men, tall men, skinny men, fat men. But men. And most of them are single. It's a smorgasbord for women who know how to play. They outnumber us at least 7-1. Most of the time it's like 10-1. They may not all be what you're looking for, but I promise you, every night that I go out to play poker I see at least one that I would be interested in. And I get hit on every single time I go and often. YOU HAVE VIRTUALLY NO COMPETITION. Do it. Watch it on tv, get a book and read it. It's a lot of fun and free at most bars.

And if you're worried about meeting guys at a bar, this doesn't quite qualify. Yes, there's drinking involved but it's a fun activity that you can socialize and get to know them. And make friends. Lots of them. I know of 2 couples that got married after meeting at poker.

Also go to public events that will be geared to men. I live in the Los Angeles area and when the LA Auto Shopw comes and when I do go (I been to it about 4 times now) there tends to be more guys than girls, but its so much easier to start converstations in such events.

And orange just so you know the movie is no where close to what Orange County is really like, nor is MTV's Laguna Beach series. I actually live in Orange County.

I really do appreciate everyone's help. Easyguy, you made a good point. I'm trying to set a goal of taking some classes or getting involved in something. I need to get out more often, I think I've fallen into the routine of someone so much older than myself. I work, I come home, have dinner, watch a little television, draw a little and go to bed. I wake up the next morning and do the entire thing over again. I'm young, I should be going out and having fun, though I see nothing wrong with spending some nights at home.

Thanks again!