In a New Relationship, How to Trust

Hello all! My ex dumped me about 4 months ago leaving me without hope to find anyone else. Four months later, today, I find someone who I think is one of the most amazing men. He is everything I want. We are now in a relationship, but I am having trouble believeing that he won't leave me like my ex did. My new bf has not given me any reason to think he will, but I am still a little scared. How can I stop thinking that every man will do me wrong? Hellllpppp.

Well, theres no guarantee at all that you two won't split up...that is the whole risk of falling for someone...investing in them emotionally gives them the power to break your heart.

BUT!

Think of all the happy, long - term relationships there are out there.

If this applies, build your life so its massive and the loss of one part (for example, relationship) doesn't wipe you out.

Its also possible he feels the exact same thing? I know this doesnt solve anything, but..think about that.

And should the worse happen, you have already shown you can move on and find a fabulous person..you are capable of surviving breakups..you are strong, you can handle practically anything.

Hello all! My ex dumped me about 4 months ago leaving me without hope to find anyone else. Four months later, today, I find someone who I think is one of the most amazing men. He is everything I want. We are now in a relationship, but I am having trouble believeing that he won't leave me like my ex did. My new bf has not given me any reason to think he will, but I am still a little scared. How can I stop thinking that every man will do me wrong? Hellllpppp.

AntiLove is right (hmmm, though she may be biased, being anti love and all ) that there are no guarantees, all you can do is establish something together, have faith that no matter what, in the end you will be rewarded. Remember, it may even be you that decides you are not supposed to be together. Just be positive, we create our own realities. Enjoy the moment, enjoy what you have, and let things develop naturally. He is not your ex, just as you are not his, and you have to give this a NEW start.

The path to true love is not clear of diversions and obstacles, but in the end, it is worth it. 100% of all relationships fail until you meet the one.

I like that Rascall Flatts song "God Bless The Broken Road That Led Me Straight to You".

I set out on a narrow way many years ago

Hoping I would find true love along the broken road

But I got lost a time or two

Wiped my brow and kept pushing through

I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are

Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars

Pointing me on my way into your loving arms

This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road

That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through

I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you

But you just smile and take my hand

You've been there you understand

It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are

Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars

Pointing me on my way into your loving arms

This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road

That led me straight to you

Don't trust until you are ready to...

If you are not ready to trust anyone again then it won't work...

I do not trust any women right now and can't say when I will again...

It will take someone special to get me to open up again...