This is embarassing...

This morning I woke up with some kind of sore on the inner part of my labia (near the clit). IT is not an open sore, it's itchy and red.

I've considered some possibilties. I thought It might be a spider bite *shudders* But I don't know how a spider could have bitten me there. It's not like it's an easy access area.

I've thought It might be just a pimple, but I've never broke out there before, and pimples usually don't itch.

Now to the big and obvious one that everyone is going to jump to, and STD. I don't know how this could be possible. I've been in a monogomous relationship for three years. I have not reason to suspect my husbad has been unfaithful.

So, any ideas? I'm pretty worried.

Sounds like it may actually be a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. Both can cause redness and itchiness in the labia area, even if there are no other signs.

It could also just be the result of chafing or accidental bruising and the itching is due to it healing.

I would go see your doctor for a diagnosis however, just in case it is an STI or something else more serious.