Getting rid of old friends & making new ones??

The friends I currently got are on the immature level still & I guess I want to make new friends that I can relate to more & carry more of a conversation with.I'm having a hard time getting rid of this annoying dude who calls me constantly. He's so self absorbed in himself. He never listens to what I got to say. It's always about him. He's too materialistic & always talking about what shoes to buy, etc etc. There's more to life than that. I'm trying to find away to let him go gently, without it being a big issue. I've been trying to avoid his calls & the rings on the doorbell, but he just doesn't seem to get it that I really don't want to be bothered.I'm at a point in my life where I'm trying to change & move forward in my life. Getting rid of the friends that are not really friends to begin with is a good start for me. Making new friends is so hard though! I've basically gotten everyone to stop calling me. It's hard being alone but I will have to deal with it. Most of the so called friends I got are two faced anyway. They really can't stand me.

You might want to take a class, like salsa dancing, where you interact with others regularly. Great way to meet new people.

I know how you feel. I recently let go of 2 friendships I'd had since I was in grade school. They had become bad for my mental health.

Nothing wrong with letting go of "toxic" friends. If you're tired of the friend showing up at your door, then the next time tell him you can't talk right now, then close the door. Better yet, if you know when he's going to show up, just go out somewhere for awhile. (That's if you enjoy going out anyway, which I do.)

I agree with everyone else about taking classes to make new friends. Something interactive.