How to deal with disapointment.

What do you do when you ask someone out and get rejected? Especially when you put a spectacular amount of effort into impressing and making that person feel special and happy? I've got an event similar to that up and coming and I'm getting a lot of cold feedback, despite that I'm still going to go through with it. Getting back to the main question, how do you deal with rejection?

As my buddies used to say.

Asking women out is a numbers game. Eventually, someone will say yes but in the meantime you have to deal with rejection. How do you deal with rejection? Remember one rule: IT'S NOT PERSONAL. There could be millions of reasons why she says no:

1) She's not interested

2) She doesn't like your hair color

3) She feels your aura is not conductive to her's

4) It's a Tuesday and no one accepts an offer on a weekday

5) You're obviously a Leo and she's a Gemini and everyone knows they don't match

6) etc etc etc ad naseum

Seriously. The only way to handle rejection is accept it gracefully. If you take it in, it will effect your attitude and the next one you ask will see that in your attitude and say no. Then it just becomes a vicious cycle.

Hi!

I'm sorry you're feeling down...I've asked someone out before and been rejected. I don't think there's any easy way to get over rejection, anything I say is probly gonna sound sooo cliche! I think it don't matter how many times you experience rejection it don't get any easier whether it's from someone you like or when you're looking for work. I think the only way is try to focus on the positive stuff instead of the negative and get over it. It doesen't help to dwell on it and you can't make the other person change their minds or feel for you the way you want them to. It's important that you realise that you are somebody: you have good qualities and great things to offer to the right person so why waste them on someone who can't see it? It takes time to get over rejection and I know I felt really down and sad for awhile but really it's up to you to move on.

I'm worried that you will only hurt yourself if you decide to pursue this girl who clearly doesn't feel the same way. If she's being cold she's already hinting that she doesn't like you that way! why are you even trying? Why are you wasting your time and effort on someone who doesn't deserve you? It seems to me like you're laying yourself out on the line for some real bad hurt to come and you can save yourself that. My advice is don't go through with it - she won't appreciate your attentions and you will only wind up feeling stupid and hurt afterwards. It can only damage your self-esteem which trust me takes ages to build up again after a rejection. Please spare yourself the horrible feelings you'll get when the inevitable rejection comes your way. you won't be

aloneforever
and there will be other girls!

BTW there's an area here for great advice on dealing with Love Rejection.

there are several ways, I've never been rejected, that's my luck

anyway here's what I think :

* If she rejects tell something stupid to lead the attention away

*say that you had tickets for some great concert or alike and you will go with some other lucky girl. If she wants to go with u then anyway, reject HER!

*Just say "thanks" and walk away

*Let your friend say "okay she rejected you, you've won the bet" => you should c her face then .

I'm running out of ways

hope that helped!

greetz

yalkshire

HEY-

when you go through the trouble to ask out a gal, and you get rejected, one thing should go through your mind---

The fact that you were brave enough to actually ask her out, and you should be proud of yourself.

So what if you are rejected-hey we all have opportunity knock at some point and we don't answer the door...she's just not answering. It's all in how you look at it. You're not being rejected-she's just not grabbing an opportunity.

And who knows, maybe she'll think about it and change her mind---so unless she is really harsh, you can always ask her out again.

Anyone remember Steve Urquel? (sp) How many times did he ask out Laura? Yes it's tv, but it shows an important message.

I asked a girl out the other day-rejected...and I felt great because I was brave enough to ask her.

That's that.

Just be proud.