No stable job and depression

Well another section of this forum proves helpful

Some of you might know, but I live in a foregin country with my wife. My Wife is swedish and I am from the UK. We've been here now for almost three years. I knew it would be difficult but my wife was feeling so lonely in the Uk that we decided to move back. Also the level of childcare at home was so expensive that it literially was taking one of our pays just for that.

Anyway, cut a long story short. I've not had a real job since I moved here and its starting to get really get to me. I knew it wouldnt be easy. I spent the first year studying the language instensely and that came off mostly fine. I still have some slight problems but in general, its fine. I have worked with two jobs that are not regular, which means from month to month I dont know how much money I will take home. This means always being extra careful with money. One of my jobs is daytime, the other is nighttime. Due to the uncertainity of them both, I take whatever work I can when its there. This means I can end up working day-night-day-night without any sleep for days on end. I'm tired. Tired from work, Tired from worry and just Tired from feeling like there is no end to this.

I searched for so many jobs and nothing ever happened. After awhile, i got so tired of "No thank you"s that I just stopped looking. Now I have to look again and the thought of it kills me. My old job back in the UK really wants me back and I have to let them know by the end of January if I'll return. Of course, I really want this. Or at least, I really want a job.

I'm not being pickey up here. I worked washing dishes and in warehouses, but its a full time job I want. I have university education, but I am not even bothered if I end up in some warehouse. I just want the security of it. If my wife left me tomorrow, I'd be in serious trouble. I have met a lot of guys up here in the same situation as me. For some it has never changed, and thats very VERY worrying.

Sorry for the vent. Just this gets me down.

You have employment just now. It's not ideal - but you have an income.

While staying at this job, because you need the money - you could be out looking for other ones.

Even if it means getting the local newspaper and circling things of interest.

Eventually, you will find a suitable job.

I hope all goes well, confused.