If LOVE fades away...

Just curious!

hi guys, I was just wondering...does love really fade away? Is it possible that your love for someone whom you gave your whole heart and soul could fade away just like that? or for someone whose been your first love? or if ever if you've been with that person for a very long time and then suddenly you're feeling that your love for him/her continues to lessen?....

Obviously it can as my ex told me that she fell out of love for me. I'd argue that it's because her love wasn't genuine - in that she didn't love me but what she thought I was. I mean if you love someone, how can you fall out of love with them? I guess you do though. There are different kinds of love and if you fall out of love, it wasn't true love but love based on some sort of condition that was eventually lost.

Hi Lady Android,

Interesting question...

It's yes and no. One can write a lot on this topic, as it's pretty open to various opinions, but here is a brief partition to two (three) cases:

If you're talking about feelings during a relationship - then it depends on how the reality fits your expectations. If your expectations were real and you were in love with the actual person that you thought you are in love with - if you nevertheless break up - you can love again, but most probably you'll remember this person for may years if not for all of your life.

If you were idealizing that person - your feelings should decrease as a function of time. The better you'll understand the difference between your expectations and reality the faster will be the change in your feelings.

If you had no chance to understand this difference, you're in a problem... A soluble problem, but a rather painful one...

Best,

Foreigner.

love fades away because love is not real. it is just an infatuation that will go away as time goes on. what is real is your commitment. most women are cowards and will run away from the problems they are dealt with. i know that comment wasn't necessary, but that's how i feel.