How to tell if a guy is gay.

@Daniel, I hope the best for you and that letter I know what it's like trying to tell someone you like them, and by far your idea gotta be the best way of saying it, without actually saying it! haha. So please inform us on what happens tomorrow with this letter, I would really wanna see how this guy reacted.

Well for me today was a very boring day in school, seen Cole and as always we didn't talk, I didn't pay much attention to him today since there is nothing much I can really do since he got a girlfriend, which upsets me a lot but oh well. Something else I wanted to say, me and my 2 other close friends got together last weekend and we were on the topic of gays and stuff (as always) and we were talking about Shane (The other dude I likes but I have huge doubts he's gay) and one of my close friends told me that he got kissed by Shane one time a few months ago, he said that Shane kissed his neck and stuff and he just laughed at it because he didn't want to bring anything up. We also talked about Cole, like how we noticed that he's always hanging around with a group of girls during lunch and dinner (Not like other guys who hang with guys). My close friend he thinks Cole is gay as well but it's kinda hard to tell since he's with that girl.. But yeah had an interesting weekend

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i accept myself for who I am and I came out. but only to those close to me like my close friend, cousins, and sister. taking it slowly letting people know. its hard for me but ill pull through. heres how I came out. well,me and T are talking again. taking things slowly. he means a lot to me. I cant let something good go like that. well, I decided to go out to hang out with T, C, and my sister and my friend (call her N). the whole time kicking after kbbw, C and T kept signaling and telling me to tell my sister and N. It was so hard but I finally said it in the car driving home after they smoked weed.

T - turns radio vol. low* henry,..

Me - wait..hesitating*

Sister - hey, T talking to you

Me - thinking "here it goes"* you guys, im talking to t

N and Sister - ...huh?

Me - t and I are talking...

them - ...lol. dont get it

me - nvm

T and C - starts laughing*

me - gets irritated* texted "you guys are laughing like its a damn joke." to C.

C - no, we were laughing at them being and slow. we got you

Arrives to my home!*

Sister and N gets out first*

T - babe, are you mad at me?

Me - you guys were laughing and I was so stressed to come out.

T - we wasnt laughing at you. it was at them. they didnt understand. im sorry

Me - its okay. ill tell them tomorrow but I think they know but just playing it off. ill see you tomorrow

T - okay babe. text me if anything. im here for you

my sister wasmt so cool with it. I was texting her while with T, C, and N. sister was saying its going to be embarassing for me and our family and why I didnt come out sooner. I told her I was confuse and my sexuality became serious senior year. I actually broke down because I was stressing and had no support from my sister who I trust and is so close to. Idc now. accept me or not. she accepts me now and others who know. ill pull through this. I have support and dreams to achieve. T and I have a date to the movies tonight so im excited. xD

@PurpBlurp: Just thinking, not to be negative, but you didn't talk much...or did he do something to maybe show interest?

No, we just don't talk that often anyway. I've noticed more and more he'll turn round in lessons (he's often sat in front of my) to look behind him, I've noticed he looks at me a lot but tries to make it inconspicuous. He will look at other people before looking at me for a while. I've noticed him out of the corner of my eyes.

I looked at him once and he turned back really quickly.

He often does things to show interest like... his form of flirting which is like pretending to punch me or feeling my hair. When talking to one of his friends, mainly girls, he will be like: "No I didn't do that, Josh did!"

Whenever we do talk, it's mostly small talk like when our friends annoy us by opening our bags, he'd say something like: "Oh well I'm fine because you'd have to take my bag off to open it, except the zip in the front."

And I'd be like: "Oh yeah, cool."

@sif123, Good to hear you came out to your sister, your making improvements with coming out to people. Your parents will be the hardest to tell about what you are, and I would suggest that you tell them last. In my opinion now you should tell your closest friends and then if you feel comfortable enough, whenever someone asks you if your gay, just tell them. I call it "Don't give a ****" attitude, if people don't like you for who you are well who cares about them. I'm so jealous of you that you have a bf, wish i could be like you, but so hard to find a gay guy

For me it's another simple day in school, not much happened with Cole, because as always we do not speak. But found something more interesting, we had picture day today, and this other guy I find cute was talking to me for the first time, and we had some small chit chat and we continued through the day until dinner time. I was sitting on the bench talking to a few girls, and I notice him walking by 2 times and he looking at me, I looked at him and smiled. Then in my last class for the day, I noticed him looking at me again. I feel more comfortable talking to him than Cole, since he's a very quiet guy, so i'm gonna get to know him more, but I'm going to need your opinions on his actions today lol. Also with Cole, I was hanging with my friends tonight, and my close friend was talking about him again and was saying he "GOT" to be at least Bisexual, which I found strange for him to say that. And for Shane he did 2 things tonight which I found strange, he had his arm around his girlfriend who I was sitting by and he grabbed my arm and looked at me and started laughing. Then he was going to open the window that was above me and he leaned right over me and took forever to open the window like he wanted to get close to me lol. But yeah that's all that happened for me today

@sif123, thats cool i cant even think about coming out even tho my sister is really open minded sometimes she tells me about how conservative my family is, but i only live with her atm so i might i dont know...

Well bad news the guy i liked is straight i found out cause i went out with him, so i got to his apartment and the guy who i thought was his boyfriend was only his roommate, and he told me to use his computer while they were getting ready and i kinda checked his computer and it was full with nude girls... Anyways now i got a crush on this guy who is gay but im not sure if he likes me, we had to work together overnight for an assigment and he stayed at my apartment, he acted really nice with me, didnt even let me go out to the street after taking i took a shower cause i might get sick with wet hair... other than that he just kept asking stuff about me liking girls or if i liked one of my girlfriends with whom i usually hang out with but i told him she was just a friend... other than that nothing happened, eye contact lasted about 5-10 seconds depending on the situation but i have no idea if he likes me.

Well here it is, his reply

yo

i gotcha letter from Shir last night

sorry I couldn't make it

and for the letter, i appreciate your love and kindness

and when it comes to it, it has be a no, for lots of reasons

biggest reason, is sort of the reality of it, is I play for the other field

so iono if i gave u the wrong impression or anything

but i'm deeply sorry that i've made u upset in anyway and gave u hope

that it could manifest beyond where our friendship is

i can spend more lines trying to comfort you how great a person you are, because... you are simply are

and how you'll find someone one day

but I simply want you to move on from this experience so that you can start living again

and not have to ponder whether or not I accept you

because I never want to see my friends in any mental agony or pain

especially if its because of me.

So basically its a no, from him. I guess I hit the wrong person again

@yuna uchiha, There is no reason to commit suicide, and you do not know how many gay guys could be at your school. Because these days everyone is closeted and wont come out until they are out of school, because of the fear of being made fun of for being gay. I know myself in my school there are more gay guys than the one that I know, it's just they do not want to be out, and they just use girls to say they have a relationship. Like someone told me, "It's good that you are out at this age, because many people don't have the nerve like you do to be out as a gay guy.".. So give it time and you'll find someone eventually, there is someone for everyone in the world~

@charles18 & thedakurai know... but atleast i got the assistant mannager at the work im applying to..turns out he's gay! i nearly crashed through a set of clothes and the store window lol .. i meet a gay guy from newyork.. really cute,hot, hung like a bull, and hes moving to florida instead of colorado nearly burst out into tears.. but ive been getting better listening to my fav..botdf ...

it is stupid... some kid came up to me and he asked, "if i give u 75 cents will u blow me?" i nearly nocked his lights out i was so po.ed lets just say he wouldn't of been able to walk if i would of bet the crap out of him... but things are well here... and for those still in the closet... love haters cause geus what... ur allways in their head so u got em good lol !

Whats going on right now:

Michael... is really hard to read. I know its been awhile and I said I wouldn’t say anything unless something big happened. Well, its not too big, but I still need help. We’re good friends now. We sit at the same table at lunch everyday. He has this really big smile when he talks to me, and every time he’s not talking to me he smiling but not that big. So usually at lunch he stares into space with a straight face and he talks with a monotone, but when I ask him something he gets all happy and starts laughing. It makes me laugh so we are always happy. And at one of the football games, I sat in front of him and he kept leaning over and one time stroked my arm and asked what my bracelet said. Whats weird is he has the EXACT same bracelet. However there is a problem. One of my really good females friends has been hanging out with him alot. That’s when I noticed and when he was gone I asked her, “Do you guys have a thing going on?” and she said no, but he always sits be her. He buys her a snickers ice cream bar everyday. (but he always gives me half of his) I started talking to her more about it and she said he told her that he liked her. Also they text alot. Well, first off, they look really awkward together and at lunch today they didn’t talk except for once. Oh! Also, the past few days whenever my eyes catch his he has this look where he kinda raises his eyebrows and smiles. I do it back and then we both start laughing! Also, I wait with her for him to come talk to us after school and he always starts talking to me before her.

WELL HERE’S WHY I REALLY WANTED TO POST SOMETHING! Tomorrow night, he, her, and I, and a bunch of other people are going to a amusement park for the haunted house. She said that she’s gonna talk to him a bunch. So here’s my question:

What do I do tomorrow night? She said she will sit with him on all the rides. I have different plans!

My analysis:

To be honest, I think he is somewhat shy around girls so that might be it. But he seems to be opening up to me more.(as a friend) But heres the big one. I think that she is a COVER UP! There hasn’t been a day for the past two weeks that someone has referred to him being gay. I think he is getting tired of it and is trying to cover it up. I seriously do not know what do to. Tell what you think and what I should do! THANKS!

@youkonwme: i think he's gay .. he really shows it.. happy with u.. talks to u first.. and the fact he buys her 1 and shares his with u is good in my opinion... hed give u half of his and share it with u and only have half to himself is cute.. sounds like a cover..i buy all my girls food when they ask... look if u two are alone and ur outside dark.. just done having fun both smiling.. get alittle serios.. and ask him .. and if ur not open.. u have one person to come out to and it is risky but id do it closet or not.. i think it could work

@youkonwme, I'm gonna agree with Yuna, this dude does sound gay by the way he acts, and that thing where he rather share his with you than buy one, sounds really cute, it's like he rather be closer to you than her. And trust me I know a lot about this cover up stuff, the dude I'm after is so using his girlfriend for a cover up. But anyway back on topic, um tomorrow night try to do something, even tho this girl says shes gonna sit with him on most of the rides, sit with him on one of them and if it's something scary or something, maybe like hug him or have some sorta physical contact, then later that night if you have the nerve and you felt like you had a good connection, maybe open up to him and see what he does, usually if the guy is gay and he likes you he will open up as well. But as always be careful, and do whatever feels right for you. Write us back and let us know how it goes, hope you have a great time!

Well for me this is going to be a boring weekend, but im sorta looking forward to next weekend. I'm gonna meet up with my ex next weekend since he is coming down this way for that weekend so I guess we will be hanging out. He recently broke up with his girlfriend and they have been broke up for like a week now. The thing is tho, this guy he cheated on me for the gf he broke up with now and he tells everyone that he is not gay and he is straight. So I was thinking about doing something to see now that he has left a girl maybe he wants a guy again, do anyone have an suggestions?

@youkonwme, I'm gonna agree with Yuna, this dude does sound gay by the way he acts, and that thing where he rather share his with you than buy one, sounds really cute, it's like he rather be closer to you than her. And trust me I know a lot about this cover up stuff, the dude I'm after is so using his girlfriend for a cover up. But anyway back on topic, um tomorrow night try to do something, even tho this girl says shes gonna sit with him on most of the rides, sit with him on one of them and if it's something scary or something, maybe like hug him or have some sorta physical contact, then later that night if you have the nerve and you felt like you had a good connection, maybe open up to him and see what he does, usually if the guy is gay and he likes you he will open up as well. But as always be careful, and do whatever feels right for you. Write us back and let us know how it goes, hope you have a great time!

Well for me this is going to be a boring weekend, but im sorta looking forward to next weekend. I'm gonna meet up with my ex next weekend since he is coming down this way for that weekend so I guess we will be hanging out. He recently broke up with his girlfriend and they have been broke up for like a week now. The thing is tho, this guy he cheated on me for the gf he broke up with now and he tells everyone that he is not gay and he is straight. So I was thinking about doing something to see now that he has left a girl maybe he wants a guy again, do anyone have an suggestions?

I see that my post was deleted due to language. Sorry bout that but that definitely tells you something happened tonight. Here's the original post(revised)

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys but I have bad news. To tell the truth, all of this sounds better than it actually is. It is a very SLOW moving process because I basically summed up the past 4 weeks into one. Anyways, tonight we went, but he wasn't allowed to go. It's his parents. The wont let him go anywhere. He said he's been invited 9 times to go out to places and each time his parents have said no. I have been like 6 of invitations. I'm tired of all this bull. This is so stupid. How in the heck are we going do anything together if his parents wont let him leave. I was so annoyed I just flirted with another guy there. I know he's not gay, but he flirted back.

Anyways, even thought he wasn't there, alot of stuff involving him did happen. Heres what people said about him.

I was waiting for some people to get off a ride when someone said, "Hey wasn't Michael supposed to come?"

then they began talking about him.

"Dude, have you seen him after wrestling practice?" someone asked, "Its disgusting. He has sweat drenching his whole body!"

"Wrestling is just another word for gay." another person said.

That made me feel super awkward, but I didn't care.

Ok, Here's the one moment tonight that I LIKE!!! I asked to read the girl and Michael's text messages and I am really good friends with her so she said yes. I texted Michael, "Hey cutie." through her phone and she freaked out and texted again saying that I wrote that. I didn't care. I wanted him to know. He needs to know that I think he's cute. He'll prob just think I was joking.

You know, whenever I was daydreaming about how he would come out to me, or anything related to that, I always imagined it taking place at my house. It seems to me it's taking place at school, however it really can't happen at school. People are beginning to get the vibe that I'm gay. Four times tonight someone made a joke to me about being gay and they got embarrassed and kinda glanced away. Then when one of the guys left he hugged me and then was like, "That hug was not in a gay way." Seriously? How on earth has ANYONE figured that out? I cover it up so well, except for when I hang out with Michael. More and more people are asking me about my first kiss (which I haven't had), my first gf (which I haven't had), and who I like (who is a guy). Soooo idk..... just thought I might add this too.

So After my crush said no to me, for about a week know, He sends me a note saying how much he miss talking to me and want to be friends again. And he goes on saying how sorry he is for hurting me. My question is what should I do, because I don't think I'm ready to accept him back into my life yet.

And youknowme I so excited for you! Let me know what happen next, I hope things advance faster so I can see the good news faster, and not like mine.

I have a question that won't get out of my head....

So, if he is gay, how can I ensure that he likes me first, and not some other guy?

Well, I have some personal questions for you guys. Here they are.

Should I act:

Smart or dumb?

I am in three advanced classes and I have all A's, however I really don't tell anyone Im smart. I can easily act dumb, but to tell the truth I believe I understand things at my age that no other kid does. Anyway he's in all the lowest classes. I have this 3 1/2 inch thick book I could carry everywhere to show off? So tell me which you would like better? I smart guy or dumb guy?

Well groomed or not?

I know this one sounds stupid, but according to every girl at my school I am one of the hottest guys. (Along with Michael) So I can make myself look well groomed and clean and all that good stuff, or I can not take a shower in the morning, not shave, and stuff like that. Tell me which kind of guy you prefer. Do i want to look like I spend hours on my hair and care about looks or do i want to look like I just got out of bed?

I know most of you are going to say, "Well you should just act yourself." But I kinda want to know what other gay guys are interested in. Just tell me your vision of the perfect guy. Every aspect.

My vision of the perfect guy is just not going to be the same as someone else's, but there may be some generalities. I am attracted to guys who tend to be more shy, nerdy and slightly more effeminate, I do think I might be in the minority on that. Suffice it to say there are so many tastes around, guaranteed even if you don't fit the classical definition of attractive, you are still someone's type.

I recently came out to 2 friends and now everytime i see them i get nervous try to avoid them and just feel uncomfortable whenever they are around, they treat me normally and never try to create awkward moments but i do is that normal? i just want it to stop...

And yeah everyone is attracted to different kind of guys i personally like when they dont act effeminate but just normal or even overconfident is cool and probably you need to find out somehow what he likes probably being friend of a friend of him or idk

@osohormiguero I think that is very normal and probably the most overlooked aspect of coming out. The effect it has on the person who came out. We're always so worried about how they are going to react. The exact same thing happened to me. It just takes time, after a while you are just going to realize that it actually wasn't such a big deal after all, everyone has their problems and the fact that you are gay just doesn't feature that high in the things they have to deal with.

Archived