For people with ex problems

I want to share something.....

A few months ago I was desperate and all I wanted was to get back together with my ex girlfriend, she is 20 and I am 22.

I kept calling her, e-mailing, and trying to see her like everyone else does when they want their ex back.

I also told her things that were from the bottom of my heart, of course she did not care.

I also played her mind games with her and just tried to participate in her little immature games, like, lets see what he will do for me, etc.

Well, a couple of months have passed, the pain is not as strong as it once was and I still continue to see her.

I could be seeing other females but I do like her and I like to spend time with her and she likes to spend time with me.

I will say that I am not perfect at all and that you don't have to be in order for someone to like you, after all the only thing you can be is yourself and if that isn't good enough for the other person than thats that.

Although things will most likely never be the same I am getting use to this new thing and it does have its benefits. I did enjoy the time with her the first time around and I have no regrets. I want to say that being friends with your ex is not a bad thing if you can learn to control your emotions.

I never thought that I would be able to control my emotions for her but it is getting easier everyday.

I just want to say that if you control your emotions and dont care what your ex thinks of you and detach yourself somewhat on an emotional level from them then things will get easier.

enotalone is a good place

Agreed.

My situation is very similar to your. It's tough to stay friends with your ex but if you two are committed to salvaging a friendship out of the breakup - good for you. My ex is starting to date again and I wish her happiness even as I struggle with it. Life goes on.

WELL I BELIEVE THAT IF YOU REGRET ANYTHING YOU DO THEN YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN CIVIL TO ANYONE I HAVE DATED AND IF THEY WANTED TO BE FRIENDS I WAS ALWAYS FOR IT. I WOULD RATHER HAVE THEM HAS A FRIEND THEN NOTHING. IF YOU DATED SOMEONE IT IS HARD TO CARE BAOUT THEM AND FULLY LET GO. YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT BEING FRIENDS WITHHER BECUASE IN THE BACK OF YOU MIND THERE IS TWO THINGS 1) YOU ARE HAPPY TO HAVE HER IN YOUR LIFE ANY WAY POSSIBLE AND 2) YOU THINK DEEP DOWN INSIDE THAT IF YOU ARE STILL IN CONTACT WITH HER YOU WILL EVENTUALLY GET BACK TOGETHER. IT IS GOOD TO BE FRIENDS WITH AN EX BUT MAKE SURE THERE IS NO HIDDEN AGENDA OR ELSE IT MAY CAUSE PAIN IN THE LONG RUN....