What does it mean?

Pixiemeat

If you call a guy inviting him for a coffee and he says he can't right now (too busy), not for the rest of the evening, and probably not until the latter half of this week - that's not a good sign, is it? It's more or less a 'leave it to me, I'll never call you again' sign, right?

If it's happened once, it could just mean you caught him on a very busy week. December seems to be a pretty hectic month for just about everyone, so I really wouldn't take it personally.

Now, if it's a pattern (you've asked 2 or more times and the answer is always the same), then you might want to look elsewhere. Or leave it at, "give me call after the holidays when you've got some time" then drop it.

Ditto to what S2S said. "Busy" is another way of saying "I'm not interested." "Busy" can also mean just that, as we all have 17 holiday parties to go to, making travel arrangements to visit people, making new year's plans, etc etc etc.

You can call him again next week. Or, like s2s said, just leave it at "call me after the holidays for coffee."

good luck

you need to tell him that if he wants to meet up in the "later half of the week" that he should call you b/c youd love to get together.

if he wants to meet up, he will call you-boys are like that- youve got to leave the ball in his court if you want to see how he really feels

at this point i wouldnt jump to any conclusions

Well, don't jump to conclusions, but I also don't think you need to call him again. If he's interested, he'll call once he has more room in his schedule.

Personally, if a guy is too busy to speak to me or to hang out with me, then he's not a guy I'd want around anyway. Everyone has a busy life, but you always make time for those that are important to you. If he's that interested in meeting people, he'll make time in his schedule to do so. Whether or not he's "that" interested in you, is up in the air.

Good luck, but don't sweat it too much!

From the guy's perspective, I would try to make time but sometimes I just can't. This week for example I had planned a get together with a bunch of people on monday, tuesday had to work both jobs, helped out a friend on last night, work late tonight and a company dinner on friday. I would have loved to go out with someone this week but the time just isn't there, I would be an absolute bore, falling asleep.

Weeks get filled up sometimes, I agree with the above, if it is a first time thing don't worry bout it. If this is an on going thing then well... probbably not going to happen.

or the guy is just over extended, that being the case he isn't trying to make time.

yeah, isnt it great when you can just say, hey, hes just not that into me? doesnt mean you should feel rejected, just means different guys like different things

Yeah, this is a good way of putting it. There are even men out there that don't think Halle Berry or Cindy Crawford are all that. You never know what a guy is looking for. Chin up!